Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you you top up a vodafone uk phone in ireland?

• 25-01-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Can it be topped up here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Buy a Vodafone Ireland voucher, dial 2345 free and select option 6.

Source: http://www.abroad.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?do=abroad.home&me=a6&nu=1&le=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Random wrote: »
    Buy a Vodafone Ireland voucher, dial 2345 free and select option 6.

Source: http://www.abroad.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?do=abroad.home&me=a6&nu=1&le=6

ITs for a friend. Usually she buys vodaphone ireland vouchers and they work. However this time it didnt work. When she rings customer service they tell her first vodaphone ireland credit doesnt work on uk phones then they tell her to take the credit back to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't have experience doing it myself so only know what I've read on their website there and what I've seen mates do with Vodafone in other countries with a Irish SIM.

Did she do something different this time? Are you sure the voucher wasn't used before she got it? (did they print it there and then in the shop or did they appear to take it from the side or something?).

You could try buying another voucher to see if that works. Could be a tenner wasted but the website suggests it should work.

Is it a €20 topup voucher you have? I'll try it on my Vodafone SIM if you like. If it works I'll give you the €20 via bank transfer or whatever. Then you can know the voucher is or isn't faulty.

Could customer care (VOdafone Ireland) confirm if the voucher has been used? (they won't give any real info but should be able to answer yes / no). Otherwise the shop you brought it in would have a contact number for any problems.

phoned vodafone ireland. They seemed to know more than vodafone uk(who were useless)

The credit is 'pending' and we have to wait to a while to sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

texting and ringing the girlfriend in uk but have to go to newry for credit is there any way or anyone who can help do this.cheers ps is there anywhere in dublin i can buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lm7 wrote: »
    texting and ringing the girlfriend in uk but have to go to newry for credit is there any way or anyone who can help do this.cheers ps is there anywhere in dublin i can buy it

If you had read the thread you just bumped you would have seen that vodafone ireland credit will work for a vodafone uk number and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have never had an issue topping up a UK Vodafone number with IRL vouchers.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    If you had read the thread you just bumped you would have seen that vodafone ireland credit will work for a vodafone uk number and vice versa

no its SUPPOSED to work. But not always. If you phone vodaphone ireland they tell you to phone vodaphone uk. Vodaphone uk tells it doesnt work( but their website says it does)

Advertisement