Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia alone apple picking in Manjimup

Options
  • 25-01-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi im heading off to Australia on my own mid feb. All my freinds r in college so said id just go ahead and do it alone!!im going apple pickin in Manjimup for 2-3 months to earn a bit of money and then hoping to do a bit of travelling with the money. Just wondering does any1 have any experience of working in manjimup r apple picking? Also I dont have a license so gona havta use public transport everywer unless I meet people with cars r vans cos man its a big place!!! Kinda inbetween excited and being nervous about going on my own? TELL ALL PEOPLE:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

From what Ive seen I wouldnt be too worried about travelling on your own. Just be open and you will meet loads of people and may go travelling part ogf the way with them to places and go trips to places.

You will prob be in a hostel I presume while fruitpicking as is what usually happens so will meet loads of people there.

Just enjoy the whole experience and do everything you want to do as its one of teh advantages of travelling solo that there wont be any differences in what you wanna do, you just get to do what you want when you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carl-sagan

gav 77 i intend on probably doing something similiar myself, if you dont mind me asking how much are you going over there with cos ive not got that much saved..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Manjimup is pretty ''frontier''. A long way from Perth and Freo. Stayed down there at a winery I worked for. Mountford wines. Lovely forests. Famous treetop walk is nearby. Marons are local delicacy. Freshwater crayfish nearly the size of lobsters. To be honest I would say you might get a bit lonely there. Pot smoking hippies, loggers, smelly pubs are the order of the day. Picking fruit is back breaking, mind numbing work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Did a Couple of months on a Cauliflower farm in Manjimup meself.
    say Hi to Mel and Jeanine if ya bump into them :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shazbo

Hiya - dont know whether youll get this before the job starts - but im from Stockton near Middlesbrough in NE England and im doing exactly the same as you! Ive come to Australia on my own to fruit pick in Manjimup - I travel tomorrow from Perth. Maybe see you there! I had the same worries but now im here im fine. Have met a few people and am looking forwrad to going tomorrow.
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

guys do you just turn up and get a job just like that or whats the situation on the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

I was really hoping for an answer to this

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

I honestly have only seen these replies for the 1st time, kinda used boards to get info and never used it again till recently so sorrrrryy:-) chances are we were prob in manjimup together haha

Advertisement