Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management studies

Options
  • 25-01-2009 7:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was promoted to sales manager in my company around 1 year ago and I am interested in becoming more involved in management and moving further away from sales as I have been involved in sales for around 10 years and fancy a bit of a change. So managing a team and setting budget suits me great but I would like to further my studies in the area of management and gain a recognised qualification.

I have been looking at doing a diploma in management studies an evening course which is run by DBS, ICM and griffith college. One evening a week suits me great and any of the above institutions would suit my location. Has anyone completed this course and how did they find it? Also the course normally runs for an academic year but DBS are starting it this feb 4th and have compressed it into 5 months, has anyone done it this way?

If anyone is in the same boat as me and can recommend any good ways to work their way into further management in organisations I am open to suggestions. And also any suggestions for courses would be welcome.

Thanks, J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 littlemissmahon

Hi! I haven't done a course in that insitution but I have done a great course out in swords in the insitute of business and technolgy. (IBaT)

Its a two year grad diploma in Mang studies the lectuers are really nice and the classes aren't too big! I believe one of the girls in my class even went on to do an MBA in Smurfit business skool, so the course content must be good!

worth a look anyway if your near there! :)

Advertisement