Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Get their SPencer Tunick Print Yet?

• 25-01-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Last June 2008 the famous Mr Tunick visited us and loads turned up in Dublin & Cork. Part of the deal was your own signed print.

Does anyone actually know of anyone who got one ?

Or have any news on when one can expect them ?

Simplicius

Defying Gravity since 1878

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

The prints of the Spencer Tunick shoot are being released before the exhibition that is due to take place in the spring according to the info given on the Dublin Docklands site.
    We are now working with Spencer to create an event to exhibit the work in Ireland next year. As a participant, you will receive a print from
    the installation (Cork or Dublin) in which you took part in spring 2009

Can't wait to get mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭smarten31

I emailed Dublin Docklands last week on this very topic and got a reply back that they are trying to do an exhibition in May/June.

Here is the mail I received :

We are currently in talks with the artist about hosting an exhibition of the images in Dublin in May or June – this is dependent on our ability to find a venue suitable for the work. The participants will receive one image as promised around this time. In advance of the mail out, we will be emailing everyone and asking them to verify their current postal address.

I’ve seen some of the images and they are great!

Cant wait to see them :-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I had it out with one of the main guys from DDD at a book launch about two weeks ago. He tried some guff regarding Spencer releasing them. I know that's utter crap as I have some connection with Spencer. He gets paid, he comes over, he takes pics, he gives pics, he gets paid again. The chap was rather surprised to have someone fairly well informed talking to him. He stuttered and struggled for a retort until he was rescued by an assistant. I let her talk as I know her too...as said above she came out with something like that. The evening moved on...it was a free bar. I got drunk. She got drunk. She revealed that there may be problems in releasing the photo to all addresses and that what might be in the pipeline was people purchasing photos at that launch!!!

We could well be shafted on this one folks.

I'm glad I got my money's worth at the free bar (I got to abuse Gerry Ryan and give him a cd and do a photo shoot in the O2 through it). But I still want my photo for free!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

ddd is broke you'll never see the prints :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

humberklog wrote: »

I'm glad I got my money's worth at the free bar (I got to abuse Gerry Ryan and give him a cd and do a photo shoot in the O2 through it). But I still want my photo for free!!!

Quite right, the free print was probably the main reason people did it. Have you any contacts in the media, theres a story in this :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

FinoBlad wrote: »
    Quite right, the free print was probably the main reason people did it. Have you any contacts in the media, theres a story in this :mad:

I do, but I won't at the moment. Wait until they're sure on what they're doing and have committed themselves to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Gutted about this! I chickened out before the beach shots, which from the photos in the papers afterwards appear to be the better photos and would likely be the print we'd receive. Even still, I was going to pick out some random brunette (with a suitably taut rear:)) and claim to be her! Now I'm going to have to find something else for pride of place over my fireplace :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Any update on this?
    I had heard a rumour that there was some dispute with the artist as to where in Dublin the works should be exhibited.

I did it in Cork and am presuming that the upcoming launch of this year's Midsummer Festival will shed some light on the subject since it was run by them last year.

I haven't heard any updates on this either.

I did just look up his website and seen the following picture.. Thats Dublin as far as I know.... Where am I ?? lol

http://www.spencertunick.com/contact.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

smarten31 wrote: »
    I did just look up his website and seen the following picture.. Thats Dublin as far as I know.... Where am I ?? lol

No that's France! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

smarten31 wrote: »
    I haven't heard any updates on this either.

And your living in Dublin :eek: If that is Dublin I want the villa over on the river bank. It should smell a bit sweeter during the summer :D

Spencer has no images at all on his site from Ireland. The only recognition that is out there for the two installations comes from the Spencer Tunic Experience site which has been done by his friends and followers.

Hopefully Spencer will get his ego out of his h01e, that the DDA will get the funds to hold the exhibition, and between the two parties get up our prints and get the exhibition running.

Yes - I agree ... just looked at the photo again and dont know what I was thinking , Definitely need to start drinking if I thought that was Dublin... Whats wrong with me ? I must be going mad in my old age hehe

Dear Spencer Tunick Participant,
    We know it's been a long wait for you all, but we can now confirm arrangements for the distribution and exhibition of the Spencer Tunick prints.
    The Docklands Authority will be sending the limited edition photographs of the Dublin installation by post to all participants the week commencing the 8th June 2009. Each participant will receive one photograph chosen by the artist from the day they participated - either Saturday on the South Wall or Sunday on the Alto Vetro building on Pearse Street. If you participated on both days you will receive two prints which will be posted to you in separate envelopes. Participants cannot request a different image to the one chosen by the artist. Each photograph will measure 8 x 10 inches and will be printed on the same high quality photographic paper that Spencer Tunick uses for his larger art images.
    In light of the current climate, the Docklands Authority and Cork Midsummer Festival have agreed on a new format to exhibit the photographs and videos from the Spencer Tunick Ireland Installations. The two organisations have jointly commissioned the artist to create a new website which will include photographs and video footage taken by Spencer and his crew during both installations. This is the first time Tunick's work will be available exclusively through a website, and presents a new democracy to the exhibition - people from across Ireland and beyond will have the opportunity to 'visit' the exhibition regardless of their location! We feel that this extra documentary material will give added value to the exhibition and will capture the excitement and fun that was generated by the project in Dublin and Cork. The website will go live just after the prints have been received by the participants on the week of 8th June, for a period of four months. Details of the exact web address will be posted to you with the Tunick print.
    If your postal address has changed since you filled in the release form last year, please send the correct details to dublindocklands@spencertunickireland.ie as soon as possible, and they will be updated on our database. If for any reason you do not receive your Dublin print please contact the Docklands Authority and not the artist.
    Thanks again for your participation in this great project. It was certainly one of the cultural highlights of 2008. We hope that you will enjoy seeing the beautiful works which could not have been created without you!
    The Dublin Docklands Development Authority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Anyone hear anything about the Cork one, this seems to be only about Dublin shoot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

On todayFM right now

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

Ray has some info on his blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Just a bit underwhelming –*I figured I'd be richly rewarded for baring all to Stena Line at 5am. My print arrived in the post yesterday, taken from the sea wall shoot (was hoping for a water shot)... can't wait to frame it, hang it and point my nudity out to future dinner guests for years to come!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Skinny Dipper

I was at the Dublin shoot and got my print last week. I know of 2 others who got theirs also. Unfortunately none of us could find ourselves in the pic ! There are a few pics and videos at www.tunickireland.com

Advertisement