Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Test Points Total

Options
  • 25-01-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Everyone in my school is calculating up their total points, and nearly everyone says they wouldn't have got the course they wanted with them.
    I got 355, which is 80 off the course I want. I failed honours maths, and now if I can get an A1 in pass that would make up 60 of those 80 points. Plus if a D3 in physics was brought up to a B3 I'd get my course. What did you guys get? I'd imagine its a lot more than mine, but I'm not too phased...its only January. It just tells you how much you have to do between now and June, which for me is quite a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

Mazletov wrote: »
    Everyone in my school is calculating up their total points, and nearly everyone says they wouldn't have got the course they wanted with them.
    I got 355, which is 80 off the course I want. I failed honours maths, and now if I can get an A1 in pass that would make up 60 of those 80 points. Plus if a D3 in physics was brought up to a B3 I'd get my course. What did you guys get? I'd imagine its a lot more than mine, but I'm not too phased...its only January. It just tells you how much you have to do between now and June, which for me is quite a lot.

475, but tbh i didnt really study. i'm aiming for 400 in mocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

oh i would never add up my points from a christmas test. that's stupid. half of the subjects just test you on what you've done since september and forget about 5th year work. aswel no one is really bothered about studying for christmas tests. so i wouldn't even bother worrying if you only got 335 points. you're forgetting that you have very little choice in them tests. so if you got that at christmas i would say you will definately get over 450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I got 570 in the christmas exams but I still have to get back economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

460 in the X-mas tests but as someone said some of them are not tested on everything so pay no attention.

Aiming for 400-430 in the mocks.

Christmas tests aren't even remotely indicative of what you'll actually get in the Leaving Cert.; so, don't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

570 which is in line with what i'm aiming for. The mocks may however be a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I got 505. I got full LC papers for most of my tests with things we haven't done replaced with other questions. I think our Physics one though was just the 2004 paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

525... need 550+, Im feeling pretty confident.

Im just going to say that christmas tests are pretty good indication of what you will get... not to frighten anyone, but I'm repeating last year I got 410 at christmas, 395 in the pres and 410 in the leaving... Im not saying its immpossible to improve but keep things realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I got 530, which would have sneaked me into my course if the points stayed the same. However, that's all complete nonsense, because I got an A1 in HL maths, which will not happen in the real thing. Also, my Irish and English exams were an absolute sham, covering less than half a real paper :rolleyes:

Quite nervous about mocks, as they're the first time I'll be sitting (and studying for :eek:) whole English & Irish paper. My poor hand is feeling the pain already! I know they mean nothing, but I still see stress ahead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

I got 520 but my english was like only two questions, and i completely left out a question in maths, which would get me more points. Besides that the tests were pretty much the same as the leaving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

I got 385, but there wasn't any practicals, or orals.
    French was weighted all wrong. 33% for an opinion piece?!?

Aiming for 400-430 in the mocks =]

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I got 510, but that was without orals or music practicals or anything. I need about that for my course too, so hopefully the mocks won't be too much of a shock!

Advertisement