Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera mini and sony w910i

• 25-01-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I've been using opera mini for a few months now,and its been fine,but for the last week or so it hasn't been connecting to the internet at all. I'm using the meteor stuff mobile browser to post this. I tried clearing cookies,tried reinstall,nothing is working.

Its telling me theres no connection,but I'm using this crappy browser and the connection is fine. Anyone any idea whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

In om settings under connection/network: is it on socket? Http? Change and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

strecker wrote: »
    In om settings under connection/network: is it on socket? Http? Change and see what happens.

I've tried that,still nothing. :( also ebuddy won't work now either. I got meteor to resend the internet settings to me the other day,yet still doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Get the settings again, from sony ericsson's site this time.

What about the built in browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

I think he is using the browser to post?? Check your java settings make sure the right apn is selected for java applications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

mcguyver wrote: »
    I think he is using the browser to post?? Check your java settings make sure the right apn is selected for java applications?

Yup,i am,although even the built in browser is having trouble connecting. I've tried changing the settings repeatedly,but it keeps going back. It works on original settings sometimes,then works on the others or just doesn't work. Its crazy. Think i'll just reinstall my firmware on the phone later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Delete all your settings and send them again from the se site then you should only have one of each. Or try restore factory settings make sure you backup your contacts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

This may be the issue- Ensure the time and date are set correctly. Also turn on automatic time updates in the Date and Time menu. Opera Mini will not connect if the handset clock is wrong.

Advertisement