Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[HELP] Well Warrior L96 (My one is plain crap)

Options
  • 25-01-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all,

Coming up to christmas my girlfriend asked me what i would like, and i said a Well Warrior L96 because i suffer from a bad back and stuff and wanted to exercise, and i decided to try airsoft for some fun exercise.

The Beginning
    So Christmas was coming around and I was looking forward to getting my Well Warrior L96 sniper rifle. My girlfriend and I travelled to a store to purchase the rifle and then we went home and wrapped it until Christmas Day.

Christmas Day
    On the long awaited day, I opened the box and assembled the gun... Then I went out my back garden (only 40-50ft) and the gun was... well crap to be honest. It wouldn’t hit a sticky target at 40-50ft, even after I adjusted the scope and the hop-up and everything.

I am very new to airsoft and thought I would just look-up the problem on Boards.ie, that’s when I found this post (L96 Takedown Guide)

The initial fixes
    So I started off trying to fix the veering and accuracy problems... however even after completing the fixes listed in the thread the gun still did not perform to my expectations. It still wasn’t accurate at 40-50ft not even with .28bb’s, the BB always dropped and hit the ground before reaching 40ft, and if that wasn’t bad enough before it dropped it would veer off.

My first airsoft
    So ignoring all my issues I went to an airsoft day, I arrived and met some great people and was very happy... until I started the game and the gun wouldn’t shoot 20ft with any consistency, understandably I was very frustrated, luckily a nice man gave me a loan of his second AEG and I had great fun.

I would have just thought that the gun was always crap, but the man that gave me a lend of his AEG also had a L96 in his boot, and I asked him could I try it. When I shot the rifle it went easily a 100ft with surprising accuracy... this of course made me furious with my rifle.

The latest fix
    After all these issues I contacted the store and asked what the problem could be and they said it is most likely down to a week spring installed at the factory, and that I could bring it up and get the spring changed for a €20 charge, so I followed there advise and headed up that day to book in the rifle for its repairs.

What’s happening now?
    Well yesterday I got the gun back, I immediately assembled it but unfortunately it got dark, so this morning I went out, rifle in hand and target at around 60-70ft (I opened a gate). Surprisingly after all the fixes, springs and cleaning and all... the gun still will not shoot 40-50ft accurately... Just dropping to the ground at around 50ft.

So why am I posting?
    Well basically, I am sick and tired of this rifle. I have bought a handgun and a AEG of my own. But I still want to use my rifle as I enjoy sniping... so I am here to ask the elite airsofters for your help. How on earth do I get my gun to shoot the 100-130ft that it is supposed to shoot without spending hundreds?

Is it a lost cause? Would i be better just getting a Jing Gong BAR 10?

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Have you cleaned the barrel? I've been told well put grease in it to slow it down so its allowed in some countries. Also did you get it chronod when you got the new spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Have you cleaned the barrel? I've been told well put grease in it to slow it down so its allowed in some countries. Also did you get it chronod when you got the new spring?

Thanks for the reply; yup i cleaned it with the unjamming rod and a tissue... and no the gun hasn't been chronoed since the spring change, but they said it was a 1 Joule spring.

Just to add to this, when i picked the gun up they said its shooting at 324 fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

Bring it back and tell them you want a replacement.You are entitled to one by law if a good is sold faulty.
    Also i had the same problem just today while out skirmasing i just got a new hop and now it works fine.
    I wold still recommend bringing it back and demanding a refund or replacement
    Also talk of the retailer you have named is banned and i would stay well clear of them anyway.

Oglon93 wrote: »
    Bring it back and tell them you want a replacement.You are entitled to one by law if a good is sold faulty.
    Also i had the same problem just today while out skirmasing i just got a new hop and now it works fine.
    I wold still recommend bringing it back and demanding a refund or replacement
    Also talk of the retailer you have named is banned and i would stay well clear of them anyway.

Thank you for your help; i will contact them tommorow and ask for a refund and buy elsewhere...

Please Note: Apoligies to the mod's and others about mentioning the retailer; i have edited the post, i was unaware of the issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement