Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaflet from management company

Options
  • 25-01-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

on saturday i got a leaflet in my door (in the grove) from CBKW. it was entitled 'dear resident' and went on to introduce them as the new managent agents and gave a breakdown of charges for 2009 and a list of projected expenditure. there was a section on the leaflet to fill in your name address phone no etc and the type of unit you own. it then went on to say 'your payment is requested at your earliest opportunity....... i found this to be kind of bizarre. surely if the management company is looking for payment they should send an invoice in a letter addressed the owner of the property with the payment total for your unit, forms of payment and possible direct debit options etc. what happens if a person has the house letted out and this leaflet is just thrown out by a tenant. anybody have thoughts on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

It does seem odd and unless they actually send out invoices to people then Id say they are unlikely to get many payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd contact the old management company and ask them to confirm who they'd changed to. Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You're right. I wouldn't pay a cent without an invoice from the company headed paper, VAT number etc. WHy don't they just call around to your door and say "we're new, gimme a cheque"

CBKW - Coldwell Banker Kennedy Wright?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

They are the new management company afaik but I did also think it was a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

they are defintely the new management company but i really think it was very amateur of them to seek payment in that manner. maybe they will send out invoices in the future but i thought they would have the names of all the house owners instead of asking people to fill out details on a sheet of paper. maybe i'm going mad but they are charging 40k a year in fees surely it is the least to be expected!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

happyhappy wrote: »
    they are defintely the new management company but i really think it was very amateur of them to seek payment in that manner. maybe they will send out invoices in the future but i thought they would have the names of all the house owners instead of asking people to fill out details on a sheet of paper. maybe i'm going mad but they are charging 40k a year in fees surely it is the least to be expected!!

Excuse me.... the fee is €40K?

I presume this is a mistake, if not why are they getting tyhis amount in fees each year.

I know of other mgt companies working for a fraction of the cost.

Why don't the council take over the lights, streets, grass etc?

In these times, it's a luxury non of us can afford.

dubrunner wrote: »
    Excuse me.... the fee is €40K?

I presume this is a mistake, if not why are they getting tyhis amount in fees each year.

I know of other mgt companies working for a fraction of the cost.

Why don't the council take over the lights, streets, grass etc?

In these times, it's a luxury non of us can afford.

the breakdown of costs is on the back of the leaflet, it has all the usual ones, block insurance, gutter cleaning, spine road maintainance, reopairs etc etc and then it has management fees 44,260 euro. i could be wrong but i presume that that's the manangement company's fee for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Its amateur in the extreme but afaik its one man band working from the office.

If they are not organised enough to have the residents names for each property its not a great sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wrightao

We note that some comments were posted on this thread relating to the Coldwell Banker office in Greystones who carried out the flyer drop on Saturday the 24th January, 2009 for the Grove and Park. This leaflet drop was undertaken to ensure that all residents are aware of the change over and to expect invoices shortly. It was not intended to be an invoice nor is it an invoice substitute. The invoices are being prepared presently and will be delivered to each dwelling unit in the next week. We requested resident details in the event that dwelling details had changed and the records of the previous management agent did not reflect the updated details.

CBKW is a highly professional organisation and this office has members and directors of great experience coming from a broad background such as the legal profession, property management and accountancy. Far from being a “one man band” as some threads as suggested there are two permanent staff in the office in Greystones dedicated to the property management aspect of Charlesland Grove and Park, including a contracts manager.

Recently we have been doing a full audit of the accounts since taking them over only last month and we have been actively setting up all accounts into our online accounting system which will give the residents and management company board full transparency of all accounts in managing all services to the estate. Being onsite on the estate, we will be able to provide an unrivalled service and response to any arising issues. Should anyone wish to contact our office in relation to this matter, please contact us at 01-2871905/8

We apologise for any misunderstanding the leaflet drop may have caused.
    Katie Wright, Joe Ahern and Padraic Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

thanks for the clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

wrightao wrote: »
    We note that some comments were posted on this thread relating to the Coldwell Banker office in Greystones who carried out the flyer drop on Saturday the 24th January, 2009 for the Grove and Park. This leaflet drop was undertaken to ensure that all residents are aware of the change over and to expect invoices shortly. It was not intended to be an invoice nor is it an invoice substitute. The invoices are being prepared presently and will be delivered to each dwelling unit in the next week. We requested resident details in the event that dwelling details had changed and the records of the previous management agent did not reflect the updated details.

CBKW is a highly professional organisation and this office has members and directors of great experience coming from a broad background such as the legal profession, property management and accountancy. Far from being a “one man band” as some threads as suggested there are two permanent staff in the office in Greystones dedicated to the property management aspect of Charlesland Grove and Park, including a contracts manager.

Recently we have been doing a full audit of the accounts since taking them over only last month and we have been actively setting up all accounts into our online accounting system which will give the residents and management company board full transparency of all accounts in managing all services to the estate. Being onsite on the estate, we will be able to provide an unrivalled service and response to any arising issues. Should anyone wish to contact our office in relation to this matter, please contact us at 01-2871905/8

Hello Katie & Co,

As you guys are doing sterling work in making savings for us.

Are you going to help the residents get the council to take back some of the tasks they naturally look after across 1,000's of estates across Ireland?

Of course how much can you help us make savings through these recessionary times by reducing your mgt fee?

And lastly, if you have all of the residents details already for your invoicing system - are you suggesting that the residents do not need to fill in the form that you sent around the estate, as this will essentially be doubling up?

As we said DUBRunner, if you have any issues, please contact us at the number given above. We would be more than willing to listen to any grievances you may have. Furthermore, we can explain to you why the council don't take over the common areas that you signed a lease for. These are leasehold developments and are the standard nowadays. These developments ensure developers finish out the work they are meant to. Furthermore, it is a quicker way to build and it is cheaper for councils. We can assure you that you are not being taken advantage of in any way.

We would much prefer to deal with any of these matters on an appropriate forum such as at the AGM or our offices. We believe it would be preferable than criticising the service we have provided to date without accountability. We think this would be a fairer thing to do. You will also find that our fees are inclusive of VAT and are lower than other quotations provided. In addition, we have made substantial savings on other services as have your directors.

wrightao wrote: »

thanks for the clarification above lads. in fairness you do seem to have a more proactive approach than the last management agent. mind you, if you had explained what you did in the above post on the leaflet i don't think there would have been any confusion!! does anyone know when the agm is??

We are aiming for end of February/start of March. The accounts are being audited at the moment and we will be providing the notice of the AGM along with the invoices. Again, apologies for the confusion with regard to the invoices/notices. We shall of course post a notice here also with regard to the AGM date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Folks, keep specific questions for WKCB off the forum please, as with all the mgt companies, they should be contacted directly.

All details are in the useful numbers sticky at the top of the forum.

Advertisement