Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New lease of life for a lens?

• 25-01-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

I got to work with a bit of a hero of mine this week as Peter Mullan was the lead role in a short film i was shooting stills for.
    it was the first time i had ever done anything like this, so to be involved with a guy like Mullan was just huge for me.

Anyway, whilst doing the shoot i discovered that my 200mm 2.8 L was actually a great portrait lens, i had always written it off as being too long for that kind of thing.
    In fact i had actually considered selling it recently in favour of buying a 70-200 instead.
    What Lenses have you found new uses for, that you wouldnt normally expect?

Here is one of the shots from the week.

3221506542_c7b425e037.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

When I was at the RDS I stuck a flash on the 120-300 f2.8 and it turned out to be a superb lens for portraits also. Any of the primes are great portrait lenses just depends on the focal length and if you are in range. How is the film shoot going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Borderfox wrote: »
    When I was at the RDS I stuck a flash on the 120-300 f2.8 and it turned out to be a superb lens for portraits also. Any of the primes are great portrait lenses just depends on the focal length and if you are in range. How is the film shoot going?

Went great thanks mate, unfortunately though they had to reschedule the last two days and as i'm going to be in ireland i couldnt fit it in.

I met a lot of very interesting people though and it looks like their could be the opportunity of more work through it...so it's all good!

I'll get some pictures up as soon as i'm allowed.

Advertisement