Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Fees

Options
  • 25-01-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

When do these have to be paid by? haven't heard anything in school yet about it!

Comments

Not for a few months yet: If I rememeber correctly, it was sometime around March. You'll be told about it in school, and you'll be given the form and payment details; so, don't worry about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you or your parent holds a medical card, you don't have to pay the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

The fee must be paid by 30 January 2009. If you have not paid your exam fees on time, you can still pay after 30 January but you will be charged an extra fee per subject (currently €30 per subject for applications received between 31 January and 13 February 2009 inclusive). Applications will not be accepted after 14 February 2009 other than in very exceptional circumstances and on payment of a late fee of €49 per subject.

From citizeninformation.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

The forms are given out in school, and you bring it to the bank, pay it and bring it back to the school. It's near the end of February it must be paid and its €109, or €284 for us repeats :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I was reading that citizensinfo thing...

Nothing has been said to us yet in school, and yet, before 5 days time we're supposed to pay for it? :confused: Also, €30 a subject after the 31st, is that €210 + €109 or what?

Why has no one mentioned anything this far? So weird... I don't think we paid it this early for the JC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

I know I'm very confused about the whole matter will ask the teacher in charge of the eams about it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

actually its 308 euro for repeats not 284, we were told 284 but i got my leaving cert form from the state examination commision other day and it says 308

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

leesmom wrote: »
    actually its 308 euro for repeats not 284, we were told 284 but i got my leaving cert form from the state examination commision other day and it says 308

Sigh, this repeating business is seriously expensive!
    And I'm in a public school! it's madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Paid by the 30th or €30 extra??

I just found out about it yesterday! and the letter said "Within the next few weeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

From what I have found only external or repeat candidates need to have the fees paid by 30th of January.
    Students in the Irish school system will receive a form in there schools some time in February.

I haven't been able to confirm this with the teacher in charge of the exams in school yet however here is a copy of the letter sent out to secondary schools by the department in December.
    www.examinations.ie/schools/S_96_08_Entry_Fees_for_the_2009_Certificate_Examinations.pdf

On examinations.ie the information on late fees also only appears under External Leaving Certificate Candidates. This and the following statement under exceptions seem to suggest what I have said above.
    Applications from external candidates received after the 30th January 2009 are subject to late fees even if the initial fee has been waived.
    http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ef

As I have said though I haven't confirmed this yet however it seems likely considering we haven't been given any notice of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Isaac702 wrote: »
    From what I have found only external or repeat candidates need to have the fees paid by 30th of January.
    Students in the Irish school system will receive a form in there schools some time in February.

I haven't been able to confirm this with the teacher in charge of the exams in school yet however here is a copy of the letter sent out to secondary schools by the department in December.
    www.examinations.ie/schools/S_96_08_Entry_Fees_for_the_2009_Certificate_Examinations.pdf

On examinations.ie the information on late fees also only appears under External Leaving Certificate Candidates. This and the following statement under exceptions seem to suggest what I have said above.

http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ef

As I have said though I haven't confirmed this yet however it seems likely considering we haven't been given any notice of it yet.

We signed for our levels today, with the teacher who looks after all this sort of stuff, so I asked her and she said she hasn't heard anything, so she doubts they could impose a fine seeing as they gave us no notice!

Must be just external candidates!

Advertisement