Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an USB Cable for Digital Camera

Options
  • 25-01-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone can be of assistance.

4 years ago, while in New York, I bought a Fujifilm E510 Digital Camera. When I came home, all I brought with me was the digital camera & nothing else that came with it.

I havent used the camera in the last year but would like to get the photos that are on it onto my computer. Thus I need a USB cable. I have feck all money. Went around Dublin today & was quoted €20 for one. Does anyone know where I could get one cheaper then this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think that's a standard mini-USB cable? Try eBay. Here's one for about €5 delivered. And another one, cheaper again

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jdscrubs

Cheers for that. The cheaper the better. Thanks for the help

No probs. €20 for one of them is stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Probably would be better to use a memory card reader as then you will not have to worry about drivers cds as that was probably left behind too.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=5060&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think I've noticed that some mini-USB cables don't seem to work with other devices. I wonder if some devices require a slightly longer pin on the device end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I wholly reccomend getting one of these type things. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.465

costs about 8 quid delivered

[/connectivity problems]

Right thanks for the advice and help everyone. Think the best bet would be to order one from EBay. I just hope I dont order the wrong one. I could also go to a pharmacy and just get the sim card put onto a disc.

I googled your camera, and I am fairly sure it's a mini-USB cable. Don't bother going to a pharmacy - for less than €5 you should get a cable delivered to the door.

eoin wrote: »
    I googled your camera, and I am fairly sure it's a mini-USB cable. Don't bother going to a pharmacy - for less than €5 you should get a cable delivered to the door.

Eoin thanks again. Probably would have helped if I had googled it myself. You have been of great assistance. Any other technological problems I will be onto this thread again

No problems at all. This is definitely it here, right?

That kit mawk posted also looks good in case you have other devices you may ever need to hook up.

• Advertisement

No problems at all. This is definitely it here, right?

That kit mawk posted also looks good in case you have other devices you may ever need to hook up.

That is it alright & horrible heavy clunky yoke it is to. I'll just go onto the webstie you sent me earlier and order it. Thanks again. PS;Never get this camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭blathnaid21

Hi There,

Heres a USB for your camera. Heres the details of the usb.Its a fiver for it but its a good deal. Its on ebay and heres the link so you can take a look and see for yourself.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Extendable-USB-Cable-With-2-Adaptors_W0QQitemZ190282386033QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item190282386033&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Extendable USB Cable With 2 Adaptors
    Right Small USB - For Printers and External Hard Drives etc (A to Printer)
    Left Small USB - For Digital Cameras and Mp3 Players etc (A to B)Top USB - A to A USB Extendable Cable for use for anything Specially Designed for PC's and Apple Macs Equippment with USB Port.
    Intant Connectivity to many USB Devices Like Digital Cameras, Printers, Scanners and Wireless Adaptors.
    Cable Length 75cm Approx
    Hope this is helpful to you.;):)

Hi There,

Heres a USB for your camera. Heres the details of the usb.Its a fiver for it but its a good deal. Its on ebay and heres the link so you can take a look and see for yourself.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Extendable-USB-Cable-With-2-Adaptors_W0QQitemZ190282386033QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item190282386033&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Extendable USB Cable With 2 Adaptors
    Right Small USB - For Printers and External Hard Drives etc (A to Printer)
    Left Small USB - For Digital Cameras and Mp3 Players etc (A to B)Top USB - A to A USB Extendable Cable for use for anything Specially Designed for PC's and Apple Macs Equippment with USB Port.
    Intant Connectivity to many USB Devices Like Digital Cameras, Printers, Scanners and Wireless Adaptors.
    Cable Length 75cm Approx
    Hope this is helpful to you.;):)

Hey blathnaid2, I may have to order the one you suggested cos the one I ordered, it came and it doesnt fit. However before I go ahead and buy the one you suggested, can you gurantee that the one you suggested is the correct one for my camera?.

jdscrubs wrote: »
    Hey blathnaid2, I may have to order the one you suggested cos the one I ordered, it came and it doesnt fit. However before I go ahead and buy the one you suggested, can you gurantee that the one you suggested is the correct one for my camera?.
    Ah crap - in what way doesn't it fit?

Ah crap - in what way doesn't it fit?
    Hey I ordered the first one you recommended,the one for €5.it doesn't fit into the camera part as it's slighty&i mean just slighty to big for it.might have to order the one blaithaid suggested

Sorry to hear that. They are generally universal but sometimes there are very slight differences between devices. I had a blackberry that seemed to take a very slightly deeper USB cable than any other devices I had.

I did a search for Fujifilm E510 cables on eBay and there were a good few results. Here's the search link, but they could be just from people selling the one cable type for every device under the sun.

If you want to be 100% sure, then maybe a card reader like the one that was mentioned above.

bedlam wrote: »
    Looks like the camera uses a non standard connector type, the name of which is USB Mini B Fuji.

Crap - that's my fault. I thought it was a standard connection. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭blathnaid21

jdscrubs wrote: »

Hi Ya,

Looks like its not a standard usb like i thought it would be coz i checked out the one eoin did a search for you on ebay i reckcon that should work instead of my suggestion.sorry about that.:)

bedlam wrote: »
    Looks like the camera uses a non standard connector type, the name of which is USB Mini B Fuji. The ebay link the eoin provides should sort you out.

edit: some of the auctions mention USB Mini A which would be wrong assuming this is the connector type. Based on the images this auction will sort you out

Hey Bedlam, thanks for that. Will order the one you suggested. Thanks.

Eoin, dont worry about it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

On the upside, the USB lead that you ordered but doesn't fit your Fuji, will probably fit something else in the future (if not already)! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement