Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese New Year Celebrations Today

• 25-01-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

I was at Jervis Street today, watching and taking odd shots at festival, I am just wondering did anyone else notice that there seemed to be more photographers than participants! Ok a minor exageration :cool: but everywhere you turned someone was their with a DSLR and Long lens hanging off their neck.

Saw a guy with two Leica Rangefinders ! I jokingly threathened to mug him! :D he must have had €6000 hanging off his neck!

Is the downturn bringing more people out with cameras or something ?

any thoughts ?

Simplicius

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

To be honest, i have found in recent years that there are more people with DSLR's in Dublin than anywhere else i have ever been.

Your average saturday on Grafton Street has been awash with photographers anytime ive visited the city recently, its a bit scary sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I was taken pictures of the Lion Dancers in Ashbourne tonight, they were the same ones performing in the Jervis Centre. Looked great and worked out really well with the pictures, just processing them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Happy New Years everyone :P

I'm just about done with putting up my upside down lucky signs (crudely hand drawn ones...) and got my traditional shirt on (no matter how ridiculous I look).

Still a few more hours before the year of the ox arrives in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Borderfox wrote: »
    I was taken pictures of the Lion Dancers in Ashbourne tonight, they were the same ones performing in the Jervis Centre. Looked great and worked out really well with the pictures, just processing them now.

looking forward to seeing them,

mine will take a touch longer as they are all medium format - will develop a few rolls over week and then see what turns up -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Simplicius wrote: »
    I was at Jervis Street today, watching and taking odd shots at festival, I am just wondering did anyone else notice that there seemed to be more photographers than participants! Ok a minor exageration :cool: but everywhere you turned someone was their with a DSLR and Long lens hanging off their neck.

Saw a guy with two Leica Rangefinders ! I jokingly threathened to mug him! :D he must have had €6000 hanging off his neck!

Is the downturn bringing more people out with cameras or something ?

any thoughts ?

Simplicius

Photography does seem to have gotten very popular I suppose that is what comes of being well off. It certainly seems to be a great way to spend lots of money!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

anyone know of any events taking place in dublin this week? would love to experience them

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

CNY is, in many ways, a photographer's dream. I'm not surprised you saw heaps of people out and about with their kit! I was hoping to go to Wolfe Tone park today but had to work. Am planning on heading out to something tomorrow.

pepsicoke - http://www.dublin.ie/arts-culture/chinese-new-year-2009.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

La La wrote: »
    CNY is, in many ways, a photographer's dream. I'm not surprised you saw heaps of people out and about with their kit! I was hoping to go to Wolfe Tone park today but had to work. Am planning on heading out to something tomorrow.

pepsicoke - http://www.dublin.ie/arts-culture/chinese-new-year-2009.htm

Evil Grin :D : Saving is the new buzzword, to save on camera gear methinks next year, I'll leave my camera at home and goto Chinese New Year Celebrations with a large hold-all, a ski-mask and a life like imitation gun.

"Go Ahead Punk make day, I think my 'Cannon' can do more harm than your Canon...so hand it over"

or something equally stupid and naf.

Simplicius

Defying Logic since 1878

Simplicius wrote: »
    Evil Grin :D : Saving is the new buzzword, to save on camera gear methinks next year, I'll leave my camera at home and goto Chinese New Year Celebrations with a large hold-all, a ski-mask and a life like imitation gun.

"Go Ahead Punk make day, I think my 'Cannon' can do more harm than your Canon...so hand it over"

or something equally stupid and naf.

Simplicius

Defying Logic since 1878

have to admit i needed to read that twice. thought you were initially making some joke about canons made in china - thus the cannon thing.....

oh my head. it's been a long day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

they should say **** u to the recession, give chinese people incentives to come here now theres no jobs, im talking about free apartments that are vacant and then next yr have the biggest chinese new yr outside of china in IRELAND.

• Advertisement

i took this where I used to work in Hong Kong during CNY in 2007.
    can anyone spot the odd one out? :p

DSC06342-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

La La wrote: »
    i took this where I used to work in Hong Kong during CNY in 2007.
    can anyone spot the odd one out? :p
    I don't know about everyone else but I found him pretty quickly :D

found_him.jpg

081997FDE6EE4CA897C96CCA96172EE9-800.jpg

F37335973098425D983ED9131C572BD3-800.jpg

15F786A769A547E4B693C879FC7BACD3-800.jpg

84FC4FEDA16F422995597B096FC76010-800.jpg

883F86D060504392853178F1F6C5C02A-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

love the panorama dude.

Thanks Eirebear, all the shots are to a brief of promoting the restaurant.

Advertisement