Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 prepay Broadband

• 25-01-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Does anyone know if O2 are offering pre-pay broadband yet? I have acquired an O2 modem from a friend and would like to use it occasionally when on the move. Also, will O2 sell me a sim card only?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No, on both counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A phone sim from O2 will work in it.
    You can get a modem like data package on a Phone SIM.

The minimum Phone contract prices Bill Pay is 50mins included and €15 p.m. for 18 mount sign up.

I found my O2 modem would not work in Slovakia, but the SIM out of my O2 phone did. (Normal Roaming data charges apply).

You absolutely don't want to use a Phone or a Phone SIM in a Modem on PC/Laptop without a proper data package or the add on data charge per Megabyte is Huge. I think it's a minimum of an second €15 a month for a basic real Data Plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

afaik o2 do have a broadband sim with a 30day cancellation period, it is not prepay but all that is required is 30days notice.
    it is called Clear Broadband 30 days and costs €30/month for a 5GB download allowance

the costs of the different modems are also listed here http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Broadband/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, O2 Clear would be a good idea here, though still don't think it's available without buying the modem. Best to ask them directly.

Advertisement