Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding Nokia 3310C

• 25-01-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

HI Folks,

Any know what the generic nokia 3310C product code is

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Try google you'll get lots of sites with the codes. What network is it branded to now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Nokia 3310c, you sure? What does it display on the screen when you press *#0000#.

The number after RM- is what I'm looking for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

Nokia 3310c, you sure? What does it display on the screen when you press *#0000#.

The number after RM- is what I'm looking for. :)

The RM nunber is 237, i did find product codes here Link, after changing the code with NSS it did give me a newer version from NSU but it never removed the vodafone logo off the phone and i still can't change the MMS setting and web browser setting either

Any help would be great

Paul

RM-237 is the Nokia 3110c. This product code should be ok: 0552655

thanks for that, have applied the new product code and reinstalled the software but still getting the stupid vodafone logo and still can't change the MMS or web configuration pages, any idea's?

the software version it upgraded to version 07.21

Many thanks
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

try reset to factory settings

nazoil wrote: »
    try reset to factory settings

Thanks for the idea but still no joy

HI Columba.

Where did you get that product code anyway

thanks
    Paul

Hi Paul,

I've access to all Nokia firmware. Here is version 7.21. You should be able to use NSS to flash your phone. You may need to install version 7.01 first to allow version 7.21 to install. Use the default install path.

I don't use NSS to flash Nokias so not sure how be pick the correct files to flash with, but if you see product codes in the files, you just need to select the right one.

Do not downgrade the firmware, as you will kill the phone with the likes of free programs like NSS.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi Paul,

I've access to all Nokia firmware. Here is version 7.21. You should be able to use NSS to flash your phone. You may need to install version 7.01 first to allow version 7.21 to install. Use the default install path.

I don't use NSS to flash Nokias so not sure how be pick the correct files to flash with, but if you see product codes in the files, you just need to select the right one.

Do not downgrade the firmware, as you will kill the phone with the likes of free programs like NSS.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi Columba,

Thanks for all your help on this but im having problems using my free software NSS. Can you recomend any free or not free flashing software

Once again, thanks
    Paul

• Advertisement

The equipment I use costs hundreds of Euro, and I don't know of any other free Nokia flasher other than NSS as I don't use free software, sorry :/...

The equipment I use costs hundreds of Euro, and I don't know of any other free Nokia flasher other than NSS as I don't use free software, sorry :/...

Finally got it sorted using a application called JAF by ODEON.

Thanks for you help

Liffeyman wrote: »
    Finally got it sorted using a application called JAF by ODEON.

Thanks for you help
    Oh yeah, I forgot there was a cracked version of JAF, doh !!!

Glad you got it sorted, which product code did you use?

Oh yeah, I forgot there was a cracked version of JAF, doh !!!

Glad you got it sorted, which product code did you use?

0552655 with version 07.21 works like a dream, funny thing is i only wanted it until my other was repaired and its ready for collection today. Saying that im sure i'll find a good home for it

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

If I had a working version of JAF, how would I go about unlocking and debranding a nokia 3110c? (Small bite sized pieces please!)

E

exaisle wrote: »
    If I had a working version of JAF, how would I go about unlocking and debranding a nokia 3110c? (Small bite sized pieces please!)

E

You'll have to get the phone sim unlocked first in town, there is a nice chinaman on moore st at the iliac mall exit, he'll unlock for 20, then you can use the JAF application to get rid of the vodaphone setting etc..

E

Found this software might be able to unlock the phone for you

http://phoenixslayer.blogspot.com/2009/04/zulea-bb5-bb5-free-unlocker-103.html

You'll have to get the phone sim unlocked first in town, there is a nice chinaman on moore st at the iliac mall exit, he'll unlock for 20, then you can use the JAF application to get rid of the vodaphone setting etc..
    I'd do the unlock and debrand for a tenner. ;)

Found this software might be able to unlock the phone for you

http://phoenixslayer.blogspot.com/2009/04/zulea-bb5-bb5-free-unlocker-103.html
    Won't work without an unlocking box and an F-Bus cable.

Won't work without an unlocking box and an F-Bus cable.

Columba,

quick question, just bought a 3210c for my dad and someone put a security code on the phone and i can't unlock it, anyway of getting that removed without heading into one of the unlock shops, im half thinking of bring the phone back inot the O2 shop annd playing dump

thanks
    Paul

• Advertisement

Just looking around and found something about putting a file in the MMc and putting it into the phone, does that work?

Columba,

quick question, just bought a 3210c for my dad and someone put a security code on the phone and i can't unlock it, anyway of getting that removed without heading into one of the unlock shops, im half thinking of bring the phone back inot the O2 shop annd playing dump

thanks
    Paul
    Do you mean 3120c? :)

If you have the JAF software, you can read the security code with that, just tick "User code edit, then press service, than simply read the code.

Do you mean 3120c? :)

If you have the JAF software, you can read the security code with that, just tick "User code edit, then press service, than simply read the code.

ye the 3120, nice one i'll give it a try

feck it dont have that size usb cable, feck it. any other way?

where would i buy a usb cable that size?

Is that the same as a Nokia DKE-2 cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is that the same as a Nokia DKE-2 cable?

No, its not. The Dke-2 is a mini usb, where the Ca 101 is the new micro usb.

This picture should clear it up for you: Mini on the left, Micro on the right
    motorola_razr2_v8img_3995.jpg

Thanks. The mini USB (bigger one) fits my 3110c.

• Advertisement
Advertisement