Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Perth, recommendations?

Options
  • 25-01-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Boardsies, I'm hoping other people's expertise will be on hand for this one. I've to go to a wedding for a friend of mine in April, in Perth, and I live in Cork. What would be the absolute cheapest method of flying be? Most permutations I'm coming up with are around the 1k mark which I will pay if I have to, but obviously I wouldn't mind paying a little less :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭racerx-dan

€1000 is way to much!

I bought return flights last week for my girlfirend from Gatwick to Perth on the 1st of April for £641 flying Emerites. She'll eb in Perth for 3 weeks.

QANTAS also have a deal on for as low at 640 (but realisticy 740) between april and june ... depending on the days.

Shes getting into London a day early and staying with friends, so obviously the ryan air connection will be on top of that.

Last time she flew Singapore Airlines in June from Dublin-heathrow-sigapore-perth and then returning via manchester. The Aerlingus flight out of Dublin was delayed 45mins and she missed her connection (thankfully codeshare) and had to wait in heathrow for 7 hours for the next flight!! Just be careful with tight connections in and out of heathrow.

ned78 wrote: »
    Hey Boardsies, I'm hoping other people's expertise will be on hand for this one. I've to go to a wedding for a friend of mine in April, in Perth, and I live in Cork. What would be the absolute cheapest method of flying be? Most permutations I'm coming up with are around the 1k mark which I will pay if I have to, but obviously I wouldn't mind paying a little less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I've heard Emirates are good on price too.

My brother lives in Perth & usually flies home with Singapore, as he reckons they have the best seats & service. Not usually the cheapest though.

I believe Mauritius Air are are very good on price & have a nice stopover!

I'm heading to Perth this Xmas for a month. I know they jack up the prices then.

So far, only Air France (€3150 for 2 returns) and Singapore (€3000) have January flights loaded, of the ones I've checked.

Any of you know - is there an airline that's traditionally better priced at Xmas than the others? Or is it just who hasn't sold many seats? Should I book early or wait & see if someone has a seat sale?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭racerx-dan

Singapore are fantastic ... I rate them very highly. Personally Ive never flown Emirates, but I know 4 other people who do the Perth-Dublin run once or twice a year and apart from the occasional delay in Dubai .. and Dubai airport not taking any other currency (apparently) they really liked them.

Last June it was €800ish return Dublin-Perth on Singapore.

I will have been away for 20months by xmas and suspect Ill want to go home for a few weeks around then. Unfortunatley I dont know where Ill be living by then so I can book flights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Thanks guys, between Aer Lingus and Emirates I can get flights for around 760 Euro! That's some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Have a look at Cathay Pacific if you haven't already. I flew over to Perth with them and they often do deals. Excellent airline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement