Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

500 euro budget for a dslr

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Covey wrote: »
    I can just imagine evenings in the "Workaccount" homestead.

What'll we have for dinner chaps, Spag Bol, or maybe Lasagne. What about a pork chop or we order a pizza ....

As twelve bells toll, little Johnny finally gets up and says quietly, "Could I have yesterdays dinner today please".

Nite Mary Ellen .....

Obviously you have no understanding of what a budget is and the point of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Course I do.

We've all tried to help but you keep changing your mind. Anyway just a bit of fun, hope you get sorted.

T.

Covey wrote: »
    Course I do.

We've all tried to help but you keep changing your mind. Anyway just a bit of fun, hope you get sorted.

T.

Well I think I specified incorrectly what I wanted in the beginning by saying macro lens. I'm following your first post regarding the kit lens and 10D. I've learnt alot along the way and am now more sure what I want.

I might still get that other lens you recommended and will wait to get a telephoto and decide whether I need IS or not.

I'm not a tightass which I think you may believe - i just like to stretch the euros - if you asked me for a few euros I'd probably give them to you. I'm not scrooge.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I'm not a tightass which I think you may believe - i just like to stretch the euros - if you asked me for a few euros I'd probably give them to you. I'm not scrooge.

Thanks.

Not at all. My posts were only about indecision. Nothing serious.

PM with that fiver btw.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Tell you what, I'll sell you my 10D (as new & just installed the latest firmware), A 28-70 lens, Flash, remote & tripod for €500. - I have a 70 - 200 that I might consider throwing in for a few quid more also.

I'll even give you my bag !

iMax wrote: »
    Tell you what, I'll sell you my 10D (as new & just installed the latest firmware), A 28-70 lens, Flash, remote & tripod for €500. - I have a 70 - 200 that I might consider throwing in for a few quid more also.

I'll even give you my bag !

I'll give you 150 for the body and will take the lens aswell if it's for a decent price.

I'll give you 150 for the body and will take the lens aswell if it's for a decent price.

Runalong boy. I'd rather it sit in the press & I use it on occasion than sell it for that. Man you're some piece of work. What a cheapskate! Would you not just buy the camera on adverts ? It's a steal.

iMax wrote: »
    Runalong boy. I'd rather it sit in the press & I use it on occasion than sell it for that. Man you're some piece of work. What a cheapskate! Would you not just buy the camera on adverts ? It's a steal.

Your getting pissed off because I'm refusing to buy a camera off you for over market value? :rolleyes: I'm a cheapskate then??!!

The reason I'm not buying that camera on adverts is because 1) It is over my budget 2) If I buy it I won't have the money for another lens - If I buy it my budget requirement will then be over 700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

lol

• Advertisement

Quick edit there.

No I'd already stated that I'd prefer to keep it than sell it for that price, I have no intention of selling. I was just posting that to force a point. If I really wanted to sell it I'd put it on adverts.

Buy that camera now & get another lens in a couple of months. Learn how to use the camera first. It's a great deal & you really won't do any better. Go any lower & you'll regret it. If you can't afford that one you really shouldn't be looking for a dslr.

Advertisement