Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimbonda returning- what next- Waddle?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

It is probably a decent signing, although alan Hutton and Chris Gunther are probably now packing their bags, but remembering his attitude at times, not just the LC final, it seems ironic he returns in the week Ghaly leaves. I know the likes of me only sees whats in public, but really, of the three we let go to sunderland, it's Teemo and Steed I most miss.
    So dissapointed with Huddlestone last night, thought he did'nt look interested enough for the second time in four days. Alnwick looks like a rabbit in the headlights, the kind of goalie that encourages pot shots.
    Don't fully understand Harry's tactics in either cup game. Is he playing a game with the board, showing how short we are in cover? if so, it so nearly came unstuck on Wednesday. Playing Defoe in front of Modric in a rainy gale at Burnley was suicidal.
    What was apparent last night was the real lack of pace in midfield. With bentley, Hudd and Pav up front, we were relying on BAE and bale to provide all the pace.
    Lastly, I thought Dawson's recovery began at the lane against Man Utd. Completed over the last fortnight. Now in the last three games, I think Bentley and also Bale are shaping up a little.
    Two wins this wek needed so badly
    They are well capable. The mind games have to stop. best 11 to start each game, end of story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

what is he at bringing that cnut back!And why another right back?

laughing stock!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

no fan tbh, when he was good he was deadly, but its a step backwards i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cant believe we are bringing this little pri*k back to the Lane.
    He's fcukin brutal.

Just when we need fella's who will put there neck on the line for the club, we bring back this fella, Lord Lantern Jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

why is harry buying back all the players tottenham sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Dexters16 wrote: »
    why is harry buying back all the players tottenham sold?

Looks like hutton is out for season - probably going to push Corluka into MF instead of Zokora who simply cant pass a ball 5 yards and has yet to score a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

galinka wrote: »
    Looks like hutton is out for season - probably going to push Corluka into MF instead of Zokora who simply cant pass a ball 5 yards and has yet to score a goal.

Will be shocked if Corluka plays in midfield, he will play centre half with 1 of the other 3, probably woodgate, providing he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

what next- Waddle?

Judging by Harry's comments today, he might be angling for Robbie Keane to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Just signing him for cover i'd say! Wouldnt be first choice at all over a full fit squad! second player we've signed back!
    But when we had these players we were finishing 5th and without them look at us now:eek:
    Its like harry said, the squad was put together with no thought...i.e. thank you comolli:rolleyes:(yeah right) but thank god you're gone:D
    He was the guy who bought and sold everyone sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Shocking signing. I hate that little turd. But I'm backing Harry to get the job done, he's there every day working with the players and he knows much more about the game than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i thought he had avery good season with spurs when he first signed and only wished we had cashed in when chelsea were sniffing around cos he was septic after that.

we really are turning into a laughing stock sacking the manager who looked like was building a squad to challage for champions league football and bring in a man who ripped the team apart(and brought us our 1st trophy in 10 years ironically) only to show him the door and replace him and signing some players back. its madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Chimbonda is being bought because he's cheap, he's available, he's not cup tied in Europe and he's willing to come back. I'm just surprised Levy has allowed him back after he played a large part in him being shown the door in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keane to Spurs? Please!

Rafas latest public musings kinda point to the exit for RK anyway

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jan/26/football-premier-league-liverpool-rafael-benitez-steven-gerrard-fernando-torres

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

this is an unexped signing to say the least,in fairness he's not a bad player i just think there are other areas of the team where money for new players would be better spent,but i suppose harry has some ideas up his sleeve...

Advertisement