Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are NTL broadband and digital television interchangable?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Basically this is something I've never understood. If I have both UPC Broadband and Digital television with NTL would I be paying for the same thing twice?

My understanding is that the connection from the wall to the NTL broadband box is feeding the exact same thing as the connection from the from the wall to the NTL digital TV box. Is this the case?

If not how do they differ. And if so, how do NTL stop people from taking advantage. Hypothetically, whats to stop someone signing up for Digital TV. Cancelling it and keeping the box. And then signing up for Broadband and feeding that connection into both the Broadband and Digital TV boxs?

Of course I'm not advocating doing something so dishonest :P. Just genuinely interested in the technology behind it all...

Many thanks.
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The box has a viewing card. You cancel your digital TV subscription, they disable the card, all your channels disappear!

This works for analogue TV though. If you have just broadband with them, you still have access to all 17 of their standard analogue channels, which are unscrambled.

Advertisement