Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This year's first murder?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

This year's first murder? (Note the question mark!)

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Gardai-probing-suspicious-death-in.4911659.jp
    Gardai probing "suspicious" death in Limerick
    By Nick Rabbitts

GARDAI at Roxboro Road are treating the death of a man from Ballinacurra Weston as "suspicious" following an alleged incident in his home on Friday night
    At approximately 8.30pm on Friday, it is understood the man was assaulted in his home in the area, and was rushed to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital with a fractured skull.

He died on Saturday evening.

A post mortem which took place on Sunday afternoon by state pathologist Dr Marie Cassidy confirmed the deceased man, who had recently celebrated his 39th birthday, had suffered an assualt.

The Limerick Leader understands gardai are "following a definite line of enquiry" on the incident, which is not believed to be feud related.

Gardai have set up an incident room at Roxboro Road garda station following a technical examination of the deceased's house, and are appealing to anyone with any information to come forward. They can be contacted on 061-214340.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sounds like it, going by that quote, but more likely a case of manslaughter than murder (fractured skull > stabbing/gun-shot)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Oh a game! Can I play?

If so I'll go for yes there was a murder although the facts are vague. Could be manslaughter, murder, Voluntary manslaughter or Involuntary manslaughter.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I would agree with the Gardaí in their perception of the events as "suspicious". I don't know, something just doesnt seem right here, I've a bad feeling about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

it says on the limerick leader website now that, the assault happened friday night and he refused to go to hospital and then went to the hospital at 2pm saturday after his family noticed he still wasn't well... sad story.

RIP

Advertisement