Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 HELP!!!!! NEEDED

• 26-01-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just bought a new P.C. and was persuaded by the shop assistant that "3 was the best broadband around". 3.6MB download speed my ass. At tops i've had 50kb/sec....Can some one help me!!! Their support staff are rude and obnoxious(which i can't even spell properly,i think)and to be fair,if I wanted to talk to someone from India i'd pop down to my local curry house.(NO OFFENCE TO INDIAN PEOPLE).
    They seem to be a faceless company to which I can get no satisfaction at all. They won't cancel my contract because it has exceeded the 14day return...........AAAAHHHH what can i do???? Carphone warehouse don't want to know. It's a hot potato,but i'm the one getting my fingers burnt. I know by reading through the net that quite alot of they're customers aren't happy,but if so what are they doing about it?? Are they still paying their bill??? Surely 3 are in breach of their 'contract' by not supplying a BROADBAND connection??? CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A DIRECTION TO TAKE AS THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING???
    THANX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The almost 400 page thread at the top full of angry 3 customers would have been a good place to look before listening to some snake oil selling shop assistant.
    At tops i've had 50kb/sec
    So why didn't you tell the salesperson to shove it up his ass before the 14 day period was up?

You are within your right to cancel the contract because they aren't providing what they are supposed to. You really have to be persistent though, get on the phone and tell them that you are not receiving what you paid for and you want to cancel, if the first person who answers doesn't let you cancel ask for a supervisor. Continue escalating it until someone lets you cancel without penalty, more than likely they will offer you a new modem/free month(s) before this though, don't be swayed and stay on course. Be calm and don't loose your temper. Make sure to mention their non compliance with the sale of goods act and that its not fit for purpose.

Ive had to do this for a handful of people and it does work, registered snail mail would also do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -mark-

The almost 400 page thread at the top full of angry 3 customers would have been a good place to look before listening to some snake oil selling shop assistant.

So why didn't you tell the salesperson to shove it up his ass before the 14 day period was up?

You are within your right to cancel the contract because they aren't providing what they are supposed to. You really have to be persistent though, get on the phone and tell them that you are not receiving what you paid for and you want to cancel, if the first person who answers doesn't let you cancel ask for a supervisor. Continue escalating it until someone lets you cancel without penalty, more than likely they will offer you a new modem/free month(s) before this though, don't be swayed and stay on course. Be calm and don't loose your temper. Make sure to mention their non compliance with the sale of goods act and that its not fit for purpose.

Ive had to do this for a handful of people and it does work, registered snail mail would also do the job.
    I dont think the sales assistant had any room up his ass..coz thats where his head was. Unfortunately the download speed was o.k.,not great but o.k. for the first 14days. And yes they have offered me a months free credit on the modem....and yes I told them why they can put that as well. My patience is wearing thin though and the only REAL PERSON I can talk to is the sales assistant in carphone warehouse......so keep your eyes on the newspapers cos i may make the headlines Ha Ha. Anyway i WILL persist and thanks again for your help.

Advertisement