Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for dinner on Valentines day?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hello! My boyfriend has said he'll take me out for dinner on Valentine's day- how exciting! I don't know where to go though, I've poked about online and haven't found anywhere which is doing a valentines special...do such things exist? Ideally I'm looking for something on the cheesy side of romantic, soft lighting a violins all the way!

Can anyone think of anywhere suitable that's not too expensive? (like maybe around Milanos prices)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Recession or not, expect a lot of places to be busy. If you want violins, you be spending a lot. How about Milanos itself?

Suggestions - try a early bird menu whereever they are done, although they might not be available on the day. Also try somewhere that isn't in the very city centre.

Oh, if he is taking you to dinner, shouldn't he be picking the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We're hosting a Dinner Party. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Des wrote: »
    Are we **all** invited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What about that French place on Dame street - Les Frères Jacques.

Supposed to be lovely - although maybe a tad pricey?

And nothing says romance like a French meal apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Des wrote: »

Ok grand, see you round 8 then, want me to bring wine? How good are you on the violin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

I brought the missus to the MV Cill Airne. (Its that boat moored on the Liffey)

Has two bars and a French style restaurant downstairs.

It was nice cos it was something different. And of course it has nice views of the city from the deck.

:)

Advertisement