Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly-Tying

• 26-01-2009 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey, new to boards, just thought id start a new thread on fly-tying. Been tying flies for the past year over in the states but now that im back in eire id like to start up again. Any info on Fly-tying suppliers, good fly shops, and anything to do with Flytying please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iascanmore

Ryanzo wrote: »
    Hey, new to boards, just thought id start a new thread on fly-tying. Been tying flies for the past year over in the states but now that im back in eire id like to start up again. Any info on Fly-tying suppliers, good fly shops, and anything to do with Flytying please!

You should have brought back all you need from the states imho.

No great physical shops here (that I've found) - Southside tried to have a tying section but its really just a load of "stuff" chucked together.

For natural materials check out cookshills.co.uk (sp?)

Hooks, tools etc check out wharfedaleangling.co.uk

I'd get 99% of my stuff from them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

Ive been Tying bout a year on and off myself. So looking forward to getting them wet this year! :rolleyes: Iascanmore is right the shops just fire a load of stuff up on the shelf and it's Pricey! My last bit of shopping was in Rory's for some basics not a bad selection specially threads etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 riverbum

MHardy's of Carlisle have a good selection of capes etc, some hard to find stuff also and they keep their prices keen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Check out irishflytying.com, just came up with it on a Google search. Seem to have a big selection and the prices aren't half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

Yeah emailed irish fly tying myself. prices hard to beat, and they say they have a huge range of stuff thats not in the on line shop yet. Hoping to order a few capes and some other hard to find bits next week. If the range and service is as good as they claim it could be worth checking out. Nice to think we could spend our money at home instead of in the states for a change. Let you know if they live up to the promises.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement