Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Snakes And Arrows Live DVD

• 26-01-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

welll not sure why ......... but took me ages to actually get this!...watched it last night for first time..and have to say it's their best yet!,,,really found it excellent, the whole thing the sound, the film work is terrific and the 3 lads just really shine on this,,,,Peart's drumming is really sharp on this and I reallly enjoyed his solo, ive seen many of his before,,,and this one just seems to come across so well.

The bonus stuff is great and the comedy stuff they did is just hilarious these guys could do comedy alll the way even without the music,,,great stuff,,10 out of 10 for this.....

other bands could learn soooo much about how to entertain by watching this on its own! ;)

ciao' rocking amigos....Baggio....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There's an episode of Trailer Park Boys where they kidnap Alex Lifeson. It's funny stuff..

He's also in the movie as a cop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is something I'm gonna have to get on Bluray. I think if there's a band who's going to have a blistering, must see show that will look amazing in high definition, then it's surely Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

so would you guys think this is a good Rush dvd? I'm not too familiar with all their stuff, but they are pretty good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It's a great DVD - the setlist on R30 was cut down but it looks great, the Rio DVD didn't look that good although the setlist was superb. This one is absolutely brilliant on both counts.

The onstage interaction between the 3 of them is really apparent as well, they seem to enjoy themselves on stage so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

yehah well said peter,...you know it only occured to me watching this that everyone forgets these guys are all 55 years old!!,,,they look and play like 30year olds,,,and one thing about their music is that it's never aged...simply because it has always been music for adults,,
    *thinking man's hard rock/metal they used to say about it in the 70's! * so unlike so many others where the songs just make ya cringe many years on,,,these guys seem to just grow into the music and it never seems to age./....great stuff...seachto7 - yeahhh this is welll worth getting and Karl hungus your dead right there bud...their lightshow is dazzling on this so Blue ray!?...dead right it will look amazing :)

happy rocking amigos....Baggio...

ps there's a rumour going round that they may well tour again sometime sooon playing only stuff that they never played live before?....ooooo the thought of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Baggio wrote: »
    ytheir lightshow is dazzling on this so Blue ray!?...dead right it will look amazing :)

I've only got the DVD but I can verify that it looks especially good on a HD telly via a blu-ray player (not mine, sadly).

The lightshow...oh the lightshow. What a lightshow. Those pods that drop down during Lerxt's solos, especially 'Limelight' and 'Witch Hunt', the visuals throughout the show, amazing stuff. And, it's all been rendered so well on this DVD.

That's it, I'm off to tell the boss I don't feel well, then I'll go home & watch it again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Picked up Rush In Rio and R30, not sure if there's really room in my life for yet another Rush live dvd all within 5 or 6 years of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Doc.j.

where yu been hiding eh? :) welll i almost thought the same as you,,,to be honest...but am glad now that i did go ahead and get it...its deffo their best yet.....

yehah well said peter,...you know it only occured to me watching this that everyone forgets these guys are all 55 years old!!,,,they look and play like 30year olds,,,and one thing about their music is that it's never aged...simply because it has always been music for adults,,
    *thinking man's hard rock/metal they used to say about it in the 70's! * so unlike so many others where the songs just make ya cringe many years on,,,these guys seem to just grow into the music and it never seems to age./....great stuff...seachto7 - yeahhh this is welll worth getting and Karl hungus your dead right there bud...their lightshow is dazzling on this so Blue ray!?...dead right it will look amazing :)

happy rocking amigos....Baggio...

ps there's a rumour going round that they may well tour again sometime sooon playing only stuff that they never played live before?....ooooo the thought of it!!!

Ah to be fair Baggio, I don't think it really matters what age they are, there's nothing to say you can't rock when you're old, just take a look at Maiden, AC/DC, and all the other bands who're still going strong at that age. Nah, the old guys still rock as hard, if not harder sometimes, than the new guys. ;)

Well, I ordered the BluRay of Snakes and Arrows Live, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. Should be spectacular though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Doc.j.

where yu been hiding eh? :) welll i almost thought the same as you,,,to be honest...but am glad now that i did go ahead and get it...its deffo their best yet.....

I like the rawness of Rio, R30 was quite sterile by comparison, I didn't like it nearly as much. The more polished it is, the less I likes it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got the Blue Ray version, WOW absolutely incredible.
    The detail is mind blowing, Alex's fret work, even small details like writing on the instruments. Very well recorded. very special for me as i was front row, (too far over on Alex's side to be on film, lol )for Rotterdam 1, and second row in front of Ged's keyboard for Rotterdam 2.
    Blue Ray was my perfect excuse for buying a PS3 lol:D

galwayrush wrote: »
    I got the Blue Ray version, WOW absolutely incredible.
    The detail is mind blowing, Alex's fret work, even small details like writing on the instruments. Very well recorded. very special for me as i was front row, (too far over on Alex's side to be on film, lol )for Rotterdam 1, and second row in front of Ged's keyboard for Rotterdam 2.
    Blue Ray was my perfect excuse for buying a PS3 lol:D

Nice. Really looking forward to it now. :D

My copy arrived the other day. Haven't given it too much time yet, but from what I've watched so far, it looks superb.

My copy arrived the other day. Haven't given it too much time yet, but from what I've watched so far, it looks superb.

It's a treat.:cool:

Happy birthday to Donna Halper (62) :cool:
    The woman who discovered Rush way back .
    Had the pleasure of meeting her in 2006 at the Eucon Rush weekend.:cool:

Advertisement