Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applting for a Fork Lift Licence.

• 26-01-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I'm going to a apply for a fork lift licence.

I see from the net there's a few places that do them.

However, does anyone know which one's are best.

I'm sure like everything else, there are good one's and not so good one's.

Can anyone recommned a place. (I live in North Dublin)

Is there a standard licence I should get that will cover all.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm not sure if you know this already but the licence you refer to is not a statutory driving licence as such but a requirement that most companies need for insurance purposes, i.e. to operate the forklift in a safe and competent manner. I'm not sure who does them now but a lot of people used to do them somewhere in Finglas.

(Just for the record, if anyone were to operate a forklift in the manner taught by the 'experts', industry would grind to a halt!)

AFAIK, to legally drive a forklift truck on a public road requires a category B or C licence depending on its weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Thanks W. A.

I made a few phone calls.

For one place a 2 day course is €450.

And for a 4 day its €495.

Is this the norm, I'm going to be funding this myself, and thats a week wages for me!

I have driven forklifts before,as most peolpe that have worked in warehoses have, but never officially etc etc...
    So should I take the beginners or go straight for the experienced 2 day course, is the exam difficult to pass.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snuggle Bunny

Hi there,

My husband operates a forkift training course, I can gaurantee you cheaper rates for a one to one course, please pm me for further details, thanks a mil, and hopefully we can help;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snuggle Bunny

Sorry Oldscoil, I meant to say I will pm you, which I have just done,;)

Advertisement