Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 USB modem 4 or 5 pin cable?

• 26-01-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Here s the story, a friend of mine has one of the 3 modem that connects to the laptop via a small A male to mini b male USB cable.
    The issue is when in the kitchen the signal is poor but outside it s great.

They asked me about getting a cable long enough that would allow then to position the modem by a window while sitting at the kitchen table.

It s looking like about 3 metre's should do it but will it work at that lenght,
    secondly is the mini b connection 4 or 5 pin's?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need an extension cable, like this. No way to be sure it'll work, till you try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

It s looking like about 3 metre's should do it but will it work at that length,

Thanks

I have my E220 working of a 5m usb cable male/female got in maplins € 35 i think :eek: maplin

Advertisement