Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find a landlord

• 26-01-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi all, living in Ennis and we are having series problems with a few houses in the estate. I am on the residents committee and we know most of the landlords of the rented out houses.

We cannot find any info on the landlords that own the houses causing trouble. Tried the prtb but the houses are not registered. We know these houses receive rent allowance but the HSE will not take any responsibility even though they pay the rent.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think this is a hard thing to find by the looks of things, sorry

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=44358&highlight=owner+tenants

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

it is possible to find the registered owners of a property from the land registry, it usually involves outlining the property on a map and paying a fee.

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/Contact_Us/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭missbaker

I though that if rent allowance is being recieved then the landlord would have to be registerd?? Citizens advice are always great for information. Helped my sister out alot when she had problems with a landlord a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Thanks, i rang the land registry this morn and gave them the address and got the name and address straight away. Then looked up name in phone book and got a result. They didnt even ask for a fee!!!

result!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

maiden wrote: »
    We know these houses receive rent allowance but the HSE will not take any responsibility even though they pay the rent.

This really goes to show the H.S.E. are a joke. I could rant for hours, but at present I don't have the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement