Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs. How to move stuff along?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 10:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

I've some items coming from America for work. They've been in customs since Wednesday. I'm not trying to avoid paying any duty and they're IT parts addressed to a business address for work (that I couldn't get anywhere else except from this one site in the US).

Does anybody know who I can contact to hurry it up? I contacted FedEx on Friday who said they'd check up and get back to me today. It's a lot of use paying for quick shipping and getting the item to Ireland in 2 days only to have customs hold it for 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It's a lot of use paying for quick shipping and getting the item to Ireland in 2 days only to have customs hold it for 5.
    You will be charged VAT on this high cost shipping too, this is why I always go for cheapest possible, and preferably via normal US post.

I wonder how much time & effort and therefore money is wasted on stuff like this, and what it really costs the economy. e.g. your company might have downtime due to the delays, could even cost jobs, I know if certain machines went down in my place we would be screwed and just have to tell lads to go home that day. And like you some stuff can only come in from the US or Japan for us.

But in addition is the fact that you will probably claim the VAT back in the end, wasting your own resources and the governments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Ah I got a call from Fedex. The boxes had just been sitting there. Will be here tomorrow.

Advertisement