Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new oild fired boiler

Options
  • 26-01-2009 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new oil fired boiler. I got a price of €900 for a new firebird 120/90.

How much should it cost me to get old one removed and new one installed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I need to get a new oil fired boiler. I got a price of €900 for a new firebird 120/90.

Is this quote for a condensing boiler? What is the efficiency of the boiler you were quoted for? Ask if the boiler satisfies the building regs:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi JusttheOne

The boiler price you got was for a standard 90/120Btu's oil boiler. Which is approx about 80% efficient. I would suggest now you have to change put in a condensing boiler 95% effective worth the extra cost you will only do it the once. With energy conservation a hot topic at present now you can improve your rating
    Heatherview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Hi JusttheOne

The boiler price you got was for a standard 90/120Btu's oil boiler. Which is approx about 80% efficient. I would suggest now you have to change put in a condensing boiler 95% effective worth the extra cost you will only do it the once. With energy conservation a hot topic at present now you can improve your rating
    Heatherview
    The OP doesn't really have a choice. When replacing an existing ch boiler the building regs specify that the new boiler must be at least 86% efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

MicktheMan wrote: »
    The OP doesn't really have a choice. When replacing an existing ch boiler the building regs specify that the new boiler must be at least 86% efficient.

I don't know anything about the building regulations, but I do know that non condensing boilers are still available.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

This site is worth a look for High Efficiency Boilers:

http://www.superstore.ie/acatalog/copy_of_Grant_Oil_Boilers__garage_model_.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement