Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get wooden dowels in city centre/surrounding areas? Please Advise..

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hello,

While assembling a flatpack bookshelf yesterday I foolishly knocked it over midway through construction.

No major damage was done but quite a few of the wooden dowels have snapped and I need to find some replacements.

It's not the kind of thing I've seen before in hardware shops, though I have never looked for them.

If anyone has any idea of where I could find some, preferably in Dublin city centre so I could pick them up at lunch time I'd appreciate it. They are 5mm in diameter from the look of things, I have a sample one with me to make sure I get the right ones.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Should be pretty easy to get hold of. Most big DIY stores (Woodies/B&Q etc.) will have them, but in the city centre try the Capel Street area, that's where most of the DIY/tool shops are ... Lenehans or maybe McQuillans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Any decent hardware should have them. You can also get timber dowel in 7ft lengths which you could cut to size. (Get same thickness / diameter as required)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks guys, I'll pop down to Capel St at lunch and see what I can find.

Advertisement