Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Shampoo

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have two big retrievers who seem to love nothing more than making eachother smell like feet as fast as possible. Dog shampoo is relatively expensive when you have two large hairy dogs, does anyone know a cheaper way to get it than just at the pet store? Can you buy it somewhere in bulk?

Alternatively, if anyone has a blueprint design for some sort of Wallace & Grommit-esque style dog washer I would appreciate it. I usually end up wetter than the dogs!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

my mate's a groomer and she has a giant breed of her own that loves muck. She recently got this Banana and Mango shampoo and says it's brilliant.... it's a very large size and diluteable 7 times; http://www.christiesdirect.com/product.php?sp_p=840400

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I use johnson's baby shampoo for the first two washes and then a dog shampoo. I use the same on my long haired cat. It doesn't dry her skin at all but i give her sunflower oil regularly to prevent such. U could dilute the johnson's shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I use johnson's baby shampoo

I'm no expert, but I've read that human shampoo is not suitable for dogs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I use johnson's baby shampoo for the first two washes and then a dog shampoo.
    Rigsby wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but I've read that human shampoo is not suitable for dogs. :)
    Baby shampoo imo is absolutely fine for dogs. You put it on your babys head so no doubt its grand for dogs. Using adult type shampoo may be quite drying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

yeah my vet actually recommened i use johnsons shampoo on my dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Thanks folks, I ordered that big bottle that was recomended in the first reply. I have no idea how long it will take to get delivered though! Might use Johnsons Baby this time to get rid of the dirty sock like smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nudge

Johnsons baby shampoo has a low PH. I use it on my Yorkie sometimes, she comes out like a shiny new pin. I wouldn't use any other human shampoo though.

Advertisement