Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! "Limited or no connectivity".

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Tried using my laptop this morning but could not connect to the wireless network with the following error above. Tried using the old laptop and it seems to be connecting fine. So have tried moving to right beside the router and still nothing. Not really sure whats wrong with.

Also tried to repair the connection and was told that it cannot aquire my IP address. I'd really appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

gnolan wrote: »
    Tried using my laptop this morning but could not connect to the wireless network with the following error above. Tried using the old laptop and it seems to be connecting fine. So have tried moving to right beside the router and still nothing. Not really sure whats wrong with.

Also tried to repair the connection and was told that it cannot aquire my IP address. I'd really appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks

Have a similar problem with the OHs laptop it has to do with the fact that the PC is not defaulting to using the wireless connection and if it is the same thing it should work if you plug in the cable from the router to the laptop, I cannot remember how to change the setting to let you use the wireless but at least this will get you on line! I am sure one of the more proficient gurus here will be able to enlighten us further on how to get around it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

gnolan wrote: »

Did you change any settings in your last on line session or update your firewall by any chance? Try turning off your firewall (briefly!) and see if it will let you on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Make sure your computer is configured to get an IP via DHCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

you could try connecting and then using the ipconfig commands like this

open command prompt and type

'ipconfig /release' press enter

'ipconfig /flushdns' press enter

'ipconfig /renew' press enter

or have you tried plugging it out (the router) and then back in a few minutes later?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What service pack have you installed OP? To find this right click on 'my computer' and select properties, and it should be in there. If its service pack 2 you will need to patch your system as its a known problem with M$.
    Here is the patch from M$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks for the replys. I plugged in my ethernet cable to the router and left it in for a few hours. When i came back it was connected both wirelessly and wired, so problem solved, for now anyway. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It didn't renew it's IP in time, so lost its connection. What router do you have? Might be an idea to assign IP address manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Got a Netgear router. Its the first time its happened, can't say i know how to assign an ip address manually

Advertisement