Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corkage for weddings

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks in the process of organising wedding wines and was wondering if people as many as poss from carlow kildare kilkenny laois and dublin could give me the prices they've paid for corkage so I can negotiate with the hotel. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

From what I can gather from our customers 8 euro is about the cheapest you'll find. If the hotel really doesn't want you to bring your own wine, they'll be looking 15 euro per bottle. It's disgraceful, I know.

Try to barter under a tenner for corkage. You'll usually pick up a better wine than the hotel's house plonk for under a tenner so you can save money there. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In the current economic climate, the hotels should be willing to negotiate.

18 months ago I got €7.50 from a hotel in Cork when others were charging €15!

Negotiate the corkage before you make any agreement or booking.

Certainly don't pay more than €10 but if you are firm you should do better.
    Hotels are gagging for business.

Advertisement