Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike: Source Vs Counter-Strike

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain what's the practical difference to someone who has never played either? Source has an improved engine and was brought out after, right? Does it play very differently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tee, hee. This takes me back.

If you have never played either, get Source and ignore the original. They are similar enough to not have to go through the appalling graphics of the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

To somebody who has never played either, getting pwned in one is going to be as frustrating as getting pwned in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Get source, the only people playing the original are really really good at it, at least with source you will have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Get source, the only people playing the original are really really good at it, at least with source you will have a chance.

And probably not much at that. Enjoy being dead for long periods of time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get thee to the Counterstrike forum!

Nobody wants those elitist numpties invading the forum and nitpicking at two games that for all intents and purposes are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Nobody wants those elitist numpties invading the forum and nitpicking at two games that for all intents and purposes are the same.

Yeah, leave this forum clear for the elitist numpties who nitpick between 10 types of SF clones which for all intents and purposes are the same :)

Get source. 1.6 is the better game but is dead on its feet and the only people playing have been playing since the ark landed so the learning curve will be WAY steeper. Source is the easier one to learn and pick up and play as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

wat about the elitist numpties whose high brows even frown upon someone liking final fantasy VII more compared to final fantasy VI?
    or elitist numpties who would call someone a pauper for not having played panzer dragoon saga?

hypocrites are awesome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love winding up CS players about this :D

CS players

dont insult me ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pretty sure it's easier to get a head shot in Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

CS 1.6 is massively superior in everything except graphics

I love winding up CS players about this :D

jazzy doesnt really have the skills to be good at cs..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had fun one way or the other, but found source suited me well, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I much prefer the original. CS:S was good at first but just didnt feel the same.

Dustaz wrote: »
    jazzy doesnt really have the skills to be good at cs..

"HES SHOOTING THE ITEMS!!!!"

Jazzy wrote: »

lrn2camp m8

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dustaz wrote: »
    Yeah, leave this forum clear for the elitist numpties who nitpick between 10 types of SF clones which for all intents and purposes are the same :)
    Did you mean "clones", for which there were lots of (and they were all terrible), or "sequels to SFII", of which there were 14 (including SFII, excluding SF EX series & the Vs. games).

Ok, how about we start discussing SNK's prodigious output? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jazzy wrote: »
    Always love seeing "1337" Source BADLY missing in 1.6

Esp hearing them scream "OMG HAX, TAT WUZ A HEADSHOT!" when they aim in the Source head box, but not the 1.6 head box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

played cs source once. I found it annoying. Like everyone has said, it's not fun for beginners.
    I like playing Team Fortress 2 in arena mode. Much more fun and beginner-friendly too. I think you should get that instead, i you don't already have it.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Always love seeing "1337" Source BADLY missing in 1.6

Esp hearing them scream "OMG HAX, TAT WUZ A HEADSHOT!" when they aim in the Source head box, but not the 1.6 head box.

um, i was talking about quake 3 ^^

get back to camping bomb site A or watever it is u sickos do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I think its only good for gungame, deathmatch and surfing. Normal mode grinds mah gears. In before Awp'rs are so ghey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

grizzly wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what's the practical difference to someone who has never played either? Source has an improved engine and was brought out after, right? Does it play very differently?

Source is like someone sprayed a lump of **** with gold glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Source is like someone sprayed a lump of **** with gold glitter.

Can you still see the brown? Why am i assuming its brown, or even that you are talking about ****, you could be talking about cock, or ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Insurgency is where it's at today.
    Check back tomorrow for moar infos.

Advertisement