Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC upgrade?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Just bought a house and want to set up my broadband with UPC again, so went looking on there site to see what deals they have and noticed this at the top of the broadband page.

"Customers currently on 1Mb Value, 3Mb Express or 6Mb Ultra can upgrade to 3Mb, 10Mb or 20Mb respectively for no extra charge. Simply fill in this form and we will take care of the rest.

Customers on 2Mb Light, 6Mb Express or 12Mb Ultra will automatically be upgraded to 6Mb, 10Mb and 20Mb respectively."

Does this only apply to existing customers, or if I get it set up now can I just fill in this form? And how long does this last (I.e If I get the upgrade do I get it forever?)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you get it now, you will get 3, 10 or 20 Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

So If I sign up for 3mb and then will that form out they will up me to 10mb and Ill only have to pay the 3mb price forever? Seems a bit stupid, can they not just re-jig their prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

segasega wrote: »
    So If I sign up for 3mb and then will that form out they will up me to 10mb and Ill only have to pay the 3mb price forever? Seems a bit stupid, can they not just re-jig their prices?

Nope, if you sign for 3MB for get 3MB.

The form relates to people paying price for the 3MB service, but only getting the 1MB, they need to agree to a new 12 month contract to get the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Nope, if you sign for 3MB for get 3MB.

The form relates to people paying price for the 3MB service, but only getting the 1MB, they need to agree to a new 12 month contract to get the upgrade.

Man am I blind....thats sence now....feel like an idiot!:eek:

Advertisement