Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Wallet - Plea

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, i am going to start by saying i am not sure if this is in the rigth forum, so sorry if it has to be moved.
    Now back to the matter at hand,
    My girlfriend had her wallet stolen on Friday night from her bag in the South William Bar on South William Street, we have done the usual, spoke to the owner of the pub. the Gardai etc.
    The money/cards etc are not important
    There are however some very important and irreplaceable photos in it, these are all she wants back, anything else would be a bonus
    Its a Prune Green Leather wallet, about 6 inches by 3
    It opens like an envelope and is quite bulky.
    If anybody is around that area and sees it or something like that dumped can they please let me know.
    Obviously there is a card etc with her name and number in it, but i doubt the thief will ring her back
    Any help would be so greatly appreciated
    Thanks again

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check bins and skips within a 50 metre radius. That's where it will have been dumped, within seconds of the thief leaving the bar.
    It might be a bit late now, as I'd say most of them will have been emptied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rmn

Yeah i know, i went in and had a look around, no skips but the bins are prob emptied daily there.
    I went to Pierse ST Garda station and they said loads were done there on friday and saturday last.
    i had a look down in the basement areas of some of the places but it was dark, will ahve a look tomorrow, but it is a hope against hope thing.
    If anyone sees anything that might be it please please let me know.
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

rmn wrote: »
    Hi, i am going to start by saying i am not sure if this is in the rigth forum, so sorry if it has to be moved.
    Now back to the matter at hand,
    My girlfriend had her wallet stolen on Friday night from her bag in the South William Bar on South William Street, we have done the usual, spoke to the owner of the pub. the Gardai etc.
    The money/cards etc are not important
    There are however some very important and irreplaceable photos in it, these are all she wants back, anything else would be a bonus
    Its a Prune Green Leather wallet, about 6 inches by 3
    It opens like an envelope and is quite bulky.
    If anybody is around that area and sees it or something like that dumped can they please let me know.
    Obviously there is a card etc with her name and number in it, but i doubt the thief will ring her back
    Any help would be so greatly appreciated
    Thanks again

did you ask the owners if you can have a rummage through the bins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rmn

No but thats a good idea,
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I'm sorry to hear that OP. My own wallet was stolen in Tallaght a few years back and I lost some irreplaceable photos aswell. I wish you both the best of luck in recovering your photos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement