Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps when renting a room

Options
  • 26-01-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

What steps are involved when renting a room in your house.

Do I have to register with the prtb?
    What needs to be done for revenue, I wont be over the tax free threshold for the rent a room scheme, butI'll still have to notify them of the income? Do I need any proof of how much income I recieved?

Anythin else I'm forgetting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What steps are involved when renting a room in your house.

Do I have to register with the prtb?
    What needs to be done for revenue, I wont be over the tax free threshold for the rent a room scheme, butI'll still have to notify them of the income? Do I need any proof of how much income I recieved?

Anythin else I'm forgetting?

I'm doing the same at present. You don't need to register with the prtb or get the new energy cert required when landlords or renting out their houses. Since you live in the house it's not the same as renting so any tenants wouldn't be governed by any of the tenancy rights.

You are supposed to declare any income to revenue even though you won't be paying tax on it. I myself haven't done this or don't really know how to go about doing it.

Advertisement