Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Terrano Leaking water

• 26-01-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a prblom with a Nissan Terrano 5 door 4x4. It belongs to a friend of mine.

Now the problem is, there is water getting into the floor pan of the Terrano. It stated about 12 months ago. It was purchased about 6 moths preivious to that.

This is a constant problem and various nissan garages have got come up with a solution.!

Has anybody had a similar problem to this? having searched google, there does not seem to be alot of info on this topic.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Oh yeah the cabin of the Terrano smells rotten all the time due to the constalty damp floor carpets! So it ain't that nice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Hi all,

I have a prblom with a Nissan Terrano 5 door 4x4. It belongs to a friend of mine.

Now the problem is, there is water getting into the floor pan of the Terrano. It stated about 12 months ago. It was purchased about 6 moths preivious to that.

This is a constant problem and various nissan garages have got come up with a solution.!

Has anybody had a similar problem to this? having searched google, there does not seem to be alot of info on this topic.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Oh yeah the cabin of the Terrano smells rotten all the time due to the constalty damp floor carpets! So it ain't that nice!

The only way you will find the problem is to strip out the carpets and seats
    get a friend to hold the hose on the jeep and watch for the leak coming in.
    Make sure the drains under the windscreen are free from dirt and leaves happy hunting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Could it be a case of a leaky heater matrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

foxhunter wrote: »
    The only way you will find the problem is to strip out the carpets and seats
    get a friend to hold the hose on the jeep and watch for the leak coming in.
    Make sure the drains under the windscreen are free from dirt and leaves happy hunting!!!

foxhunter, we tried that about 7 months ago but to no avail. There was a trickle of water coming down from behind the dash on the passenger side. We then dried the carpets out with a blow heater.

Subsequently the windscreen was replaced as it cracked. Just from chips on the road etc. But still even with the new replaced windows the leak remains. With this in mind it may suggest what Jonty is saying about the heater matrix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I have never had that problem with my Terrano but while looking around I noticed it alot on others. It was mainly from the tops of the doors where previous owners had attempted to put roof racks on and bent the top rail of the door or damaged the rubbers. Nissan really didnt make them to last

Slig wrote: »
    I have never had that problem with my Terrano but while looking around I noticed it alot on others. It was mainly from the tops of the doors where previous owners had attempted to put roof racks on and bent the top rail of the door or damaged the rubbers. Nissan really didnt make them to last

Agreed, i have read here: http://www.uknissan4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8724#post8724 about similar problems.

As a 4x4 they don't look bad, but in terms of pedegree. They don't cut the mustard at all. Well at least in this case anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

foxhunter, we tried that about 7 months ago but to no avail. There was a trickle of water coming down from behind the dash on the passenger side. We then dried the carpets out with a blow heater.

Subsequently the windscreen was replaced as it cracked. Just from chips on the road etc. But still even with the new replaced windows the leak remains. With this in mind it may suggest what Jonty is saying about the heater matrix?

If the heater was leaking that much you would be topping up the coolant in the rad on a regular basis.
    You should have followed the trickle of water when you found it there must be a bad seal somewhere between two panels or on the windscreen seal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Finding a water leak is on of the hardest jobs as the water can come from anywhere, regardless of where it ends up. Obvious checks are sunroof drains door seals and the front scuttle.

Only proper way to find it is the strip out the interior and spray water on it, putting in some baking flour where you think the water is coming from, will help trace the problem quicker.

Baking flour, good idea. Thanks for that!

Advertisement