Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel question

Options
  • 26-01-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Ive applied to UCC for Sept as a mature student, (I'd be over double the leaving cert age, ahem!!:p,) simply because it would be closer to me. However the course in 'Arts' in UCD appeals to me more. Just wondering where in Dublin is UCD, never been, if I was to get the train to Heuston every morning, (mad I know, but I really need to do this course), how easy is it to get to the college, does the Luas go by there, or can I get a bus to the College?:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

if you got the train to Heuston then you could get the luas to Abbey st. (€1.50) then the 10 bus (€1.80) to UCD but i would just rent out a place up here if i was you
    there are other buses apart from the 10 bus you could take like 46A and others but the 10 bus will take you into UCD itself

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

I would love to rent, but the option is not there, as I've four kids at home and will have to commute daily to wherever I get accepted. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Ell69 wrote: »
    I would love to rent, but the option is not there, as I've four kids at home and will have to commute daily to wherever I get accepted. Thanks for your reply.

It says you live in Tipp. Add an hour to the train journey from Tipp to Dublin to get your commuting time. If it is 2 hours to Dublin by train that means 6 hours of your day will be dedicated to travel, that is not advised as you will be knackered after a week doing that and wont turn up all the time. But if UCD is what you want explore all possible options. I like it and it is a good college and good course, I do it and it is an enjoyable 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but to commute from Tipp to UCD everyday wouldn't be feasible. Lectures may start as early as 9am, and I don't even think you'd have enough time to get the earliest train up. And that is partly based on experiences of getting the train to Cork, and from Thurles/Templemore stations, it wouldn't work. If you could drive up and down, it might be more workable, otherwise it doesn't appear realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

I know thanks, it's probably unrealistic, I was hoping to see if timetables of classes would be either early morning or late evening, Can't seem to find timetables though .could drive, but was thinking of train journey home would give me a chance to get some study done. Cork does seem the easier option though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

I know thanks, it's probably unrealistic, I was hoping to see if timetables of classes would be either early morning or late evening, Can't seem to find timetables though .could drive, but was thinking of train journey home would give me a chance to get some study done. Cork does seem the easier option though.
    Cork might be the better option in my opinion,
    any timetables now will be different next year so you have to wait till your here and pick your subjects before you find out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

that's why UCC exists in the first place :D

i kid i kid.....

OP you may consider accom in/near the campus?abit expense tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

seraphimvc wrote: »
    OP you may consider accom in/near the campus?abit expense tho

see the OP's previous posts....

Advertisement