Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Mother saves children from house fire

Options
  • 26-01-2009 2:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Article

Makes you think and really it could happen to anyone. Can anyone here recommend a ladder type system which can be installed or secured quickly to escape an upstairs room safely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember to also have a hammer or similar handy to smash the window (unless it will open the whole way).

http://www.safelincs.ie/Portable-Fire-Escape-Ladders/

If the child is small you can use a rope with a under arms non-slip noose to lower them to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

I installed 2 in Ranelagh on a recent job, they were sourced by client. The product is called Aidor fire ladder (look them up on the web irish made i think . It has a safety release which drops to the ground and is already angled so that its easy to get down. It looks ok to not too big or unsightly. The company is based in Galway. I would completely recommend them after recent fire with tumble dryer it made me seriously review fire prevention/escape/safety in the home.

Regards
    Builditwell

Advertisement