Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being duped by Phone insurers? (Nokia question)

• 26-01-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Sorry for the dramatic title, the story itself isn't so Machiavellian.

The young lad lost his phone , a Nokia 5000, which did exactly what he required, and as it's registered in my name, I had to do the deeds involving getting him a replacement.

This morning, after the phone insurance thingy was submitted, a rep from the Insurers called me to say that they wouldn't be rplacing like for like, as the 5000 was frankly rubbish, and they would be sending a Nokia 3500 instead.

Am I getting the same value, and is the 3500 suitable for a young teen?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

are you sure you have those model numbers right? i haven't heard of the nokia 5000

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5000-2336.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3500_classic-2012.php

the 3500 is a better phone on paper anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

3500 is much better especially considering it has a memory card slot so your son can store more on the phone.

5000 is very basic, entry level phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

5000 is a newer phone, better talk time and standby if you compare it to the 3500. Go into a the likes of the CPW and ask one of the sales ppl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ronaneire wrote: »
    5000 is a newer phone, better talk time and standby if you compare it to the 3500. Go into a the likes of the CPW and ask one of the sales ppl!

yeah it has a better talk time and standby time because it has a 65K colour screen instead of 256K, a 1.3MP camera instead of 2MP, no card slot and it's only dual band. the 3500 is still better tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Ah thats grand so, as long as it isn't worthless. I just didnt want to feel like I was being taken for a complete eejit and being used to help clear out a warehouse full of 1995 era Albanian phones.
    Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement