Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family cycling holiday in Europe this summer

Options
  • 26-01-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My wife and I are in our early 30's and have a baby who will be 2 next
    June. This summer we would like to rent a somewhere sunny (maybe
    France, probably a villa- easier with toddler) and would like to take in some cycling- nothing to strenuous as our toddler will be onboard my bike.

Can you suggest a suitable region- nice for cycling, attractions, activities etc that would suit us?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Does anyone know if the Languedoc region would be good, along the beach near Perpingian?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dinneenp wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Languedoc region would be good, along the beach near Perpingian?

I dont know that region but we used to cycle around the Vendee coastal regions. Basically from Les Sables D'Olonne down through Jard Sur Mer, La Tranche Sur Mer right down as far as La Palymre.

Great beachside cycle tracks and as they are small towns little traffic.

La Palymre also has a zoo and waterpark. Les Sables D'Olonne is a large city so lots to do really.

A beautiful area of the country.

I am drooling at the though of going back as I was browsing Brittany/Irish Ferries last night and they are doing specials to France for €99 including car and passenger and they throw in a basic cabin. Madness. I tried around Bastille day. Guess what? The offer does not apply around then. :mad::mad:

Advertisement