Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the Government Buy and Sell the Banks at the right times?

• 26-01-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Just interested in find out if McCreevy was right to sell ICC, ACC and TSB banks back in 2001 for nearly 1billion euro?

How much did Lehinhan buy Anglo Irish for, I know it is a much bigger bank. But I cann't seem to see a specific total figure for the nationalisation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Elmo wrote: »
    How much did Lehinhan buy Anglo Irish for, I know it is a much bigger bank. But I cann't seem to see a specific total figure for the nationalisation.

I think that's the problem, the Minister hasn't disclosed how much exposure he has created for the tax payer in nationalising the bank. So the figure would only be a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jayok wrote: »
    I think that's the problem, the Minister hasn't disclosed how much exposure he has created for the tax payer in nationalising the bank. So the figure would only be a guess.

I don't really want to know the full exposer as that is a future risk rather then a price paid for the bank. How much up front did the Government pay for Anglo Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If they had any sense, they would have made the directors pay them to take it off their hands :P

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Lenihan was sold a pup back in September when he guaranteed the liabilities of Anglo. We will all have to pay the price of this now.

Advertisement