Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone-problems when browsing on the internet

• 26-01-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have an iphone 3G. When I am on the internet, either wireless or using the 3g, after a while the phone keeps returning to the home page. (the start page-as if the big "home" button has been pressed at the bottom of the phone). It can happen after a few seconds or a few minutes of being on the internet.

This usually happens when on the internet but also happened the other day when flicking through song lists on the ipod.

I had a 1st generation iphone also and as far as I can remember it happened on there also.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

do you surf the net much?

Do you ever switch the phone off?

I often find any issues like this are caused by the cache getting too big shutting down the iphone clears this or alternately go to settngs/safari and tap the "clear cache" button you might also want to "clear cookies".

Then try and do whatever it was you were doing and see how it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

reset (hold Home+Power button for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears) your phone about once a week and see if that helps anything

• Registered Users Posts: 49 in the pub

Thanks will give those suggestions a try

I wouldn't say i'm on the internet a lot-maybe 10 mins a day-just to check emails etc.

Its hard to pin point exactly when it happens because its just every now and then. When it does happen-i'll open safari again and it will return to the home screen around 5-10 secs later. This goes on around 5 times (or more-I just usually get frustrated and give up using it).

The last time was around a week ago. Hasn't happened since-maybe I have switched the phone off or reset the phone since then...as suggested by the previous posters but I can't be sure.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It could be that another app on your iPhone is buggy and hogging memory after it's closed. This could also cause other apps to run slow / crash.

Advertisement