Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Windows tool compilation posted

• 26-01-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Just made and posted that yesterday.
    http://www.itcreme.com/?p=85

Feel free to comment so we can add more tools etc.

HTH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Another one for the collection :)
    Thanks Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Ultimate Boot CD has all this and more though so I don't see the point of wtf? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Dingatron wrote: »
    Ultimate Boot CD has all this and more though so I don't see the point of wtf? :confused:

Well as I said I am open to suggestions, so thanks for that.

I was not aware about this compilation but as far as I can see it is very much oriented for hardware troubleshooting/monitoring and disk management, although there is some AV and also Offline NT password too.

So in essence they are very much different because WTF is about desktop tools mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Sorry wasn't knocking it just a quick reply. What would be handy is an all in one cd with good open source anti virus tools, root kit removal utils and the like.

Love the name btw. :)

Dingatron wrote: »
    Sorry wasn't knocking it just a quick reply. What would be handy is an all in one cd with good open source anti virus tools, root kit removal utils and the like.

Love the name btw. :)

Alright yeah no problem will add a few in the next version

I believe I might have a problem with the MS-DOS too, not sure I can actually add it on the CD (Copyrights), so I might strip it out quickly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

all the software you listed is freely available on the Internet and regularly updated, who is this compilation aimed at?

Tugzip is better than winrar and 7z IMO.
    Windirstat is free treesize is cut down.

Are you posting admin tools? End user tools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sort of thing free with a Magasine, if you have no Broadband.

You can't include MS-DOS. There is at least one royalty free version of Caldera/DR-DOS. When MS was less than 6.22, DR-DOS was better. WFWG3.11 / Win3.1 runs on DRDOS better than Dos 5 or Dos 6.0 :)

Yeah well obvisouly those tools are available on the net, thank you for reminding me, but that is the purpose of any tools compilation you have them on a single media and it is handy to have it around.

Now some additional tool names have been mentionned, I will be happy to add them on the next version.

As for MS-DOS thanks will remove it.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.freedos.org

a few of the tools listed as freeware are only free for personal use like AVG so I'd be wary of using them internally without licenses or verifying that you comply

isn't ad-aware trial ware

cdburn.exe from microsoft is even easier to burn cd's with , all you need is a command line in windows 2000 or later www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd though am not sure if you can distribute or has to be downloaded from microsoft
    see also http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

/2c

www.freedos.org

a few of the tools listed as freeware are only free for personal use like AVG so I'd be wary of using them internally without licenses or verifying that you comply

isn't ad-aware trial ware

cdburn.exe from microsoft is even easier to burn cd's with , all you need is a command line in windows 2000 or later www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd though am not sure if you can distribute or has to be downloaded from microsoft
    see also http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

/2c

Alright thanks for the input

• Advertisement
Advertisement