Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat Boy No More

Options
  • 26-01-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi all Dont know if this is the right place but here goes. I want to set a goal and by putting it up here will hopfully put me under a bit of pressure to do it.

Ok here is the deal. I am a guy that has been training a lot for the passed few years, but my weigth as steadly gone up too. Now I want to lose 21lbs and get rid of all the muscle unbalances I have and have a good overall fitness. So Here what I am doing for the next two weeks, (hope to change program every three weeks)

Cardio ;
    monday 50mins cross trainer
    Tuesday 30mins cross trainer 10mins interval spinning
    wed 50mins cross trainer
    thrus 30mins cross trainer 10mins interval spinning (pilates every 2nd week)
    friday 50mins cross trainer
    Sat Swim 30mins (improve technique and recovery)
    Sun Swim 30mins (improve technique and recovery)

Weights
    push ups 20 X 3
    Deadlift 12 X 3
    Lunges 12 X 3
    Abs 20X3
    Dips 15 X 3
    Shoulder Press 15X3
    Bend over rows 12X3
    Squats 12 X 3

done with light wieghts or body weight to start.

Diet ( this is where I fall down )
    Weetbixs 2
    brand flakes 30 g
    milk
    bananna

11 0 clock granola bar and creamed rice (weightwatchers)

Lunch Sambo/Soup

3 o clock Grapes/Fruit

Dinner meat two veg / pasta/ curry

any advice would be great or a bit of encouragment would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

hi again. Just want to know what people think of adding protein to my diet. I am worried about the extra cals.

Also does anyone know how to work out your daily cals requirement?

cheers

Week 1 down 3.5lbs lighter. Now the real hard bit. Keeping it going

Find the dieting hard not looking forward to weighting myself sunday. Anyone suggest a few changes to my routine to mix it up, but keep the same exercises. Any helps is great.

Plus any tips on protein, how much and when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

When you say your trying to lose weight? Is body fat? What is your height? Weight?

I am 6' 3" (193cm) rugby type body and weight 18' 4" (116kg) or about that. To lose weight and reduce body fat would be great. I would estimate that have 20%+ BF. I have always trained but never got the benefit because repeating the same routine and zero effort on nutrition. I would train most days some even twice. (I was not sitting round in the gym but not really go full tilt)

• Advertisement

No weigth change this week. Diet needs to be worked on more. I am going to refocus this week and try to limit the times I eat for no reason except boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

holdfast wrote: »
    No weigth change this week. Diet needs to be worked on more. I am going to refocus this week and try to limit the times I eat for no reason except boredom.

your diet looks carb-heavy for your fat loss goals. Mix it up and replace things like bread and pasta with more nuts, fish, meat, eggs.

I suspect you eat a decent amount of junk food too?

You are right diet is very poor. Happy the way training is going and i can see changes in the body shape in upper body not much in tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

holdfast wrote: »
    You are right diet is very poor. Happy the way training is going and i can see changes in the body shape in upper body not much in tummy.

Try sticking to brown rice and breads same to for pasta... Do you use full fat milk too?

I have lossed over 13 lbs, been plagued by injury. Bad back (slipped disc) for the past 12 months and training did not really go to plan. Want to go for another 14lbs. Start to feel good now again and mad to get stuck in again. so here it goes.

the plan for this week is

monday
    Weights
    push ups 20 X 3
    Deadlift 12 X 3
    Lunges 12 X 3
    Abs 20X3
    Dips 15 X 3
    Shoulder Press 15X3
    Bend over rows 12X3
    Squats 12 X 3

Cardio cross trainer 40mins

tuesday

mountain biking 3hrs
    pilates & stretching

Wed
    Hillwalk 3hrs
    Weigths routine

thursday
    rest day
    pilates & stretching

friday
    weigths routine
    cross trainer interval 20mins 20 mins arounf 140bpm-150bpm

Sat
    cross trainer 40mins
    Cardio cross trainer 40mins

Sunday
    rest

going try to keep cals below 2500 a day and cut out junk (hard bit). Any tips on when to use protein would be great aswell as diet.

• Advertisement

felt really good today, did a twenty min swim and 40mins on cross trainer, 30 of those interval training. Feel like I am getting fitter. Using fitday to keep track of diet. the breakdown for carbs/fat/protein is 3/2/1 is that the right ratio of do i need to adjust. I will see can I post graphs of fitday and heart rate for people to comment/laugh

I have attached the weekly breakdown of my diet. quite surprised the amount of fat I was taken in. Switched to low fat milk today and reduced it by 2%. But this figure must go down and protein intake up. I will post the HRM for two sessions last week and next week plan.

Got about 90% of what I hoped to do, done last week, no hill walk though. But overall very happy with the training and how I feel

The plan is this week :
    Cardio ;
    monday 35mins cross trainer
    Tuesday 40mins cross trainer (30mins interval spinning),swim 20 mins
    wed 40mins cross trainer, swim 20 mins
    thrus 40mins cross trainer (30mins interval spinning),swim 20 mins
    friday 60mins cross trainer, swim 20 mins
    Sat Swim 30mins (improve technique and recovery)
    Sun Swim 30mins (improve technique and recovery)

Weights 3 times a week
    push ups 25 X 3
    Deadlift 12 X 3 X 50kg
    Lunges 12 X 3 with med ball
    Abs 20X3
    Dips 15 X 3
    Shoulder Press 15X3X30kg
    Bend over rows 12X3x50kg
    Squats 12 X 3with med ball

pilates routine 5 time a week.

Find the diet hard to get right have been reading up and the ratios of carbs, protein and fat should be in the region of 60-70%,22-27% and 8-13%. got that from the lucozade website and a book. So When i do it up on the fitday i am getting around 50% carbs, 22% protein and 28% fat on average may be up or down a couple of %.

I think my diet is good not outstanding, an average would be

2 weetbix, low fat milk now
    protein 30 g + water
    creamed rice
    apple
    sambo, ham/chicken and cheese low low spread, whole meal bread
    Protein after training 30g
    Dinner, chicken curry, pork chops and veg etc.
    Protein 30 gm
    jaffa cake 2-3

does this figures make since and how do you reduce fat intake, have been looking at fitday, but not sure if figures are right for foods over here moreover if you make dinners etc from scratch.

back in a heap again off to the doc to get cut hopefully

Advertisement