Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't want to ruin my good work!

• 26-01-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hey guys, not entirely sure whether to post this here or in the alcohol forum...

Managed to lose about half a stone in the past few weeks through healthy eating and more exercise. Only, I'm going away for a few days and I know I will be drinking. What's the best way of reducing the damage to my diet?

Normally when I'm out, I drink vodka and diet coke. Or white wine. If I'm drinking beer, it's either Coors Light or Miller. Which is the best low-calorie option? Or would I be best off switching to something like vodka and orange juice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Vodka and diet coke is probably as low cal as anything. The orange juice you'd get in a pub has no nutritional advantage over diet coke, and more calories. Try having a big glass of mineral water after every vodka, that should slow you down without ruining your night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Diet mixers actually make you absorb alcohol faster, so you can get to the same level of tipsiness while drinking less, and so taking in less calories. Only downside is price really, and that most people do not drink adequate amounts of water along with the spirits, so get dehydrated easily.

Distilled spirits are alcohol separated from the leftover sugars & proteins that would otherwise be in beer or wine.

I have a very long post about booze here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Have you considered Pastis (pernod) and water? It's a short, you drink it with ice and a lot of water, and you tend to drink it very slowly. I've spent a few evening in a bar and drunk two for the whole evening.

Advertisement