Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Post

Options
  • 26-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Just been to the post office to send a few letters and came across the craziest thing.

Registered post to the following countries cost me €5.17 each
    England
    Switzerland
    Australia

Registered post to an Irish address then cost €5.25

How can this be possible. Ok its only an 8c difference but I can't see how it makes sense to charge less for registered postage to Australia than to your next door neighbour!!!

Maybe theres something i'm missing out on.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

VAT @ 21.5%

Vat applies to parcels & post services such as ems & registered post sent & delivered here. Standard post does not ahve vat.

Post sent abroad is not subject to VAT but technically is subject to VAT at the other end - though this is impossible to implement unless goods of a high value are being sent to a non eu address and then vat would apply to value of goods + cost of shipping.

Advertisement