Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapish Video Camera

Options
  • 26-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading off to Thailand for around 6 weeks during the summer and want to get a video camera for the trip.
    Now I don't really want anything fancy or too expensive that I'll be constantly worried about losing, getting wrecked etc.
    Also want it to be fairly small and portable for when I'm travelling etc.

I was looking at the Kodak zi6.

Does anyone have one / used one?
    Form reviews I've read on the web they seem to be pretty decent.

Or could any of you guys recommend me a decent alternative, still sub 200 euro?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

Argos have some really cheap ones not sure of specifics as its been a while since i looked.. you can take out insurance on them aswell which is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I walked past Hall's on Talbot St. on Saturday and they were advertising JVC video cams for 199 euros. Not sure what models they were...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

HAd read a review a while back of the 'flip' (i think) and it said there would be problems with making a DVD of dufficient quality - not sure if the kodak would be the same but it would be something to watch for.

Probably best over on the video forum.

Mods of Video - this one coming at ya! If not appropriate then return to sender. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sorry didn't realise there was an AV Forum...

I'm not too worried about making a DVD out of the clips, just want to upload them onto the computer really and was trying to see if anyone had 1st hand experience on using one of these and if they were any good.

Advertisement