Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod changes - Farewell Eoin

Options
  • 26-01-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

All,

Just to let you know, Eoin has decided to step down as a moderator of the Wicklow and Greystones fora.

Eoin was the original moderator of the Greystones and Charlesland Forum, back when it was a hosted forum many years ago and without him this one wouldn't exist.

I'm sure you'll all agree that through all the ups and downs over the years, this forum has been a great source of information and chat for many and so we have a great debt of gratitude to him.

Best of luck with everything in the future Eoin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yeah - this forum originally started out as a single thread on the Region-East forum and it was Eoin who arranged for the area to get a forum of its own.

The forum has been extremely useful both for new arrivals and long-time residents of Greystones\Charlesland, so thanks again Eoin, and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Good luck Eoin in your future endeavours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Best of luck Eoin

Hope you will still post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Good luck Eoin. Cheers for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Well, Eoin...best of luck. You'll be missed. Plus your on thread humour will be missed too. The banter has been great...

Shame now, nobody suggested going for farewell drinks!? Or am I opening a can of worms.....:eek:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Trying to organise drinks in the past has been like trying to organise a dozen worms into a straight line!

If you want to take on the task Astro, be my guest!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks very much for the kind words folks. As we moved from Charlesland over 2 years ago (still miss living there :(), I thought that the forum would be better served by people who live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Trying to organise drinks in the past has been like trying to organise a dozen worms into a straight line!

If you want to take on the task Astro, be my guest!

No thanks Mike, I'm the type to just show up without even mentioning if I was going or not.....don't get me wrong, I do think organising a drinks session as a farewell for Eoin is in order for all his hard work....it's just not me who is the person to organise it!:cool:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's no need for pints, but thanks very much for the thought! After a very over-indulgent Christmas, I am doing my best to be disciplined for a while (that does not mean I'll be your designated driver either guys).

Advertisement