Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP 2009 Dates here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

I have got to get over for the €1000 buyin four day event. It looks like a poor mans main event.

€5 Million prizepool. wow

And me being poor and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

See you there so.

Aer lingus

Departs Wed 27th May at 5pm - arrives in Vegas that night at midnight.

Returns Sat 6th June at 11.30am - arrives in Dublin Sunday morning at 9.15am.

€642 all in - Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/tourneydetails.asp?groupID=607

Offical link (one in the OP didnt work for me)

Mellor wrote: »

Yes, sorry, you have to register to see it. I will move later. I put it there so it wasn't on public display as the WSOP website hadn't been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

big_iain wrote: »
    Not sure how legal it is to post on here. So i have popped them onto my website.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Login to the members section and start planning your Vegas trip now.

Tell me you're not serious!

LOL

I was the first to post these dates. When i originally posted the WSOP.com hadn't got the information.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Tell me you're not serious!

Harrahs are a bit funny. like my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

pocketdooz wrote: »
    See you there so.

Aer lingus

Departs Wed 27th May at 5pm - arrives in Vegas that night at midnight.

Returns Sat 6th June at 11.30am - arrives in Dublin Sunday morning at 9.15am.

€642 all in - Not bad

1 Ticket / Return
    DUB Dublin to
    LAS Las Vegas
    Leave: Wed 27-May
    Return: Sat 6-Jun
    1 adult £285.00
    Taxes & Fees £104.00
    Total £389.00

389.00 GBP

= 412.751 EUR

Go to http://www.expedia.co.uk/

Enter dates and then click either Virgin Atlantic or Aer Lingus. You then have to click in to "choose this flight" and it will give you the price above.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I was the first to post these dates. When i originally posted the WSOP.com hadn't got the information.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

World series dates are now available;

no rebuy events.

This will make a massive difference, a lot of the money men have been trying to buy a braclet over the last few years with some events having 30 - 50 re buys for some players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

you guys should be working for expedia . Im half thinking of going with those flight prices. best value for the 9 nights accomodation ??

imperial palace, the nearest and cheapest on the strip couple of blocks or $10 taxi from Rio.

about $500 for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

yeah was just havin a look at the accomodation there. $ 406/306 euros for 2 queen beds from 27th may till 6th june at the sahara. Dosent really matter where on the strip you are really the duece is always on the go up and down the strip, and a taxi is required to get to the rio anyway.

a thrifty fellow would get it all done for 700 and a bit euro . all i have to do now is sell the idea to the(not so enthusiastic about poker) buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

opr wrote: »
    1 Ticket / Return
    DUB Dublin to
    LAS Las Vegas
    1 adult £285.00
    Taxes & Fees £104.00
    Total £389.00

389.00 GBP

= 412.751 EUR

Go to http://www.expedia.co.uk/

Enter dates and then click either Virgin Atlantic or Aer Lingus. You then have to click in to "choose this flight" and it will give you the price above.

Opr

dose... two days later and flights are up by nearly £200.

jimbling wrote: »

just checking again, and you can get pretty good deals still if you book with a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I am actually getting it around the same price.

1 Ticket / Return
    DUB Dublin to
    LAS Las Vegas
    1 adult £298.00
    Taxes & Fees £108.80
    Total £406.80

406.80 GBP

=

438.540 EUR

Someone on another forum on boards was showing me how to do this when i was booking flights to New York. When you search for the flights after it shows the results the one listed as the cheapest is usually not. On the horizontal bar across the top click the name of each flight carrier. This will bring the details of this flight to the top showing a price of £532.00 for the above flight when Aer Lingus is selected. Then click "Choose this flight"

Expedia will then go away and find the best possible deal with this carrier. Try this for all the carriers listed until you get the best price. For the flights above i clicked Aer Lingus to get that price.

Opr

haven't actually booked anything yet, but looks like it will be 27th to 6th June as well. Main intention is to play the 1k 4 day event and lots of cash :)

What do you reckon about hotels? I've been doing a bit of research and the advise at the moment seems to be not to book hotels until about a week before travel... that you can get great deals in this recession ridden town. Do you reckon that this will still be the case around the wsop time?

Also, a bit ot, but am interested. The last time I went to vegas it was just around the start of the ME. Vegas was packed and the games soft. How busy is it for the early WSOP circuit events.... are the games good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Hi Guys Don't Want To Hijack The Thread But I Might Be in Vegas Around the Time Of The WSOP.

Im wondering are people allowed to go into the Venue where it is being held this year and watch some of the action?? Cheers

wannabepr wrote: »
    Hi Guys Don't Want To Hijack The Thread But I Might Be in Vegas Around the Time Of The WSOP.

Im wondering are people allowed to go into the Venue where it is being held this year and watch some of the action?? Cheers

yes

• Advertisement

haven't actually booked anything yet, but looks like it will be 27th to 6th June as well. Main intention is to play the 1k 4 day event and lots of cash :)

What do you reckon about hotels? I've been doing a bit of research and the advise at the moment seems to be not to book hotels until about a week before travel... that you can get great deals in this recession ridden town. Do you reckon that this will still be the case around the wsop time?

Also, a bit ot, but am interested. The last time I went to vegas it was just around the start of the ME. Vegas was packed and the games soft. How busy is it for the early WSOP circuit events.... are the games good?

Okay, having a change of heart. I hadn't realised that the starting stacks for the tourneys in WSOP are generally double the buy-in. That means the 1k event will be a 2k starting stack with blinds at 25/50. 40bbs. That's horrible, and I don't really have any interest in a structure like that. Putting me off most of the side events that I could afford to be honest. Please someone correct me if I have picked this up wrong.

All this means that I will prob go for the ME time period and try and qualify online. May get there for the 1.5k 3 day event or the 3k triple chance which might be interesting... we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tough Johnnson!

Okay, having a change of heart. I hadn't realised that the starting stacks for the tourneys in WSOP are generally double the buy-in. That means the 1k event will be a 2k starting stack with blinds at 25/50. 40bbs. That's horrible, and I don't really have any interest in a structure like that. Putting me off most of the side events that I could afford to be honest. Please someone correct me if I have picked this up wrong.

All this means that I will prob go for the ME time period and try and qualify online. May get there for the 1.5k 3 day event or the 3k triple chance which might be interesting... we'll see.

You should play the 1k deepstack games in the venetian and ceasars. Big stack slow clocks and attract big fields.

You should play the 1k deepstack games in the venetian and ceasars. Big stack slow clocks and attract big fields.

Cheers, will look into it.

Cheers, very handy.

I did want to play in a WSOP event though, just for the experience really. I'll just have to try really hard to qualify for the Main Event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

I'm such a dumbass, I taught prices for the Rio on expedia.ie were nearly 20% cheaper than expedia.com, orbitz, hotels or the Rio Website. But it was giving me the euro price.

Advertisement